View Poll Results: Who will win this match?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • India

7 41.18%
  • Netherlands

10 58.82%
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Match 25 - India v Netherlands

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Tonight's winner in the match between the Netherlands and India will be the bus. What's it paying anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Oh, and this whole annoying tournament could basically be over in 3 days. This whole group stage thing is a sham, you pretty much know for sure 7 out of the 8 teams that make it. You could just invite the top eight, play quarterfinals day one, semi finals day two and finals on day 3 and the whole WC could be over in a long weekend.

It's pretty much what it is right now, with a month of fluff added in before.

I'd like to see the top 16 teams invited, in four groups. They play each other once (each team has 3 games). Top two make it out (so eight total), and then QF, SF, and Finals.

Yes, still 8 teams make it out but having only three matches means a single upset could be huge, so every single game matters. Here you could lose a couple and it's not a big deal. That way, most of the top eight would make it but there is a realistic chance of upsets and minnows. And since it's only three games per group stage, the one sided stage is generally over fast.

Shorter tournament, more upsets, every game matters (even big vs minnow) and more teams have a chance to play in the biggest scene....
    Last edited by silentstriker; 08-03-2011 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    And is Zuiderant still around?
    He's still around but he's been batting pretty badly.
    Every 5 years we have an election and have to decide who are the least obnoxious out of all the men. Then one gets in and they age really quickly. Which is always fun to watch.

Blaze you are a knowledgable poster who I respect. But to be fair you know as well as I do that Holland are going to lose tomorrow.
    To show you how confident I am! I am prepared to put as my signature "Geriant is my hero is my hero" were India not to win tomorrow thankfully it isn't something I have to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by Dhoni_fan View Post
    Every pundit has rightly made us odds on favourites to win this match, that takes the pressure off us, and puts it on them.
    It's funny, because you're exactly the kind of fan that puts extra pressure on their team. India don't need to post 500 and bowl the Dutch out in 5 overs. NRR is unlikely to be a concern for them due to the draw, so running down 200 in the 49th over should be equally satisfactory for India. But fans like you that expect the ridiculous change the goalposts and then howl bloody murder when your team doesn't perform as well as they do in your wet dreams. THAT'S where the extra pressure comes from, not from vague assertions about how the Dutch are perceived 4 years from a WC they're unlikely to be playing in.

Dutch fans will be happy to see their team play hard and be competitive. They're far less likely to be disappointed. There is less pressure on their team.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

RIP Craig

Yup that's exactly right. People have unrealistic expectations. It's right and proper to expect that BCCI should do something with their cash and power and maybe create a better system where good pace bowlers come on, but once you have a team with Ajit Agarkar, it's going to play like it has Ajit Agarkar. Expecting him to play like Malcolm Marshall is unrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Yup that's exactly right. People have unrealistic expectations. It's right and proper to expect that BCCI should do something with their cash and power and maybe create a better system where good pace bowlers come on, but once you have a team with Ajit Agarkar, it's going to play like it has Ajit Agarkar. Expecting him to play like Malcolm Marshall is unrealistic.
    Do you have anything in mind?
    Greatest Test XI::: S Gavaskar, M Hayden, D Bradman*, S Tendulkar, A Border, G Sobers, A Gilchrist, I Khan, S Warne, M Marshall, G McGrath
    Reserves: B Richards, V Richards, A Knott, M Muralitharan

Greatest ODI XI::: A Gilchrist, S Tendulkar, R Ponting*, V Richards, M Dhoni, M Bevan, S Pollock, W Akram, S Warne, J Garner, M Muralitharan, A Donald
    Reserves: A deVilliars, B Lara, R Hadlee, S Warne

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze 18 View Post
    Dhoni_Fan - If Netherlands somehow pull off an upset tomorrow, we'll all be a laughing stock on here.
    If that were to happen, I think we all know who will take all the brunt of the banter, and for once it won't be Jono.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

I don't really receive Indian cricket related banter tbf
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhoni_fan View Post
    Mate we have to be realistic 550 is a huge ask, not impossible mind you! this is a match that will see us get 2 points and qualify.

As I said the main thing is to once again ensure all of our players have time in the middle as that is crucial before we play the Semis and Final.

But record are there for the taking, win win situation!
    You've made yourself a laughing stock of the forum in less than a week.

No apology will make up for that.

I'd advise you to change your posting or leave.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Guys I missed a bus last night. Does this foretell a dutch victory?
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Ten Doeschate is one of the best associate players will be interesting to see how he gets on.

I think he is a quality hitter of the ball and it is good to see he got a gig in the big bash with Tasmania and he has an IPL contract

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    In fairness (barely), India do have a decent record obliterating minnow teams in WC matches.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus0723 View Post
    Do you have anything in mind?
    Well appointing coaches and fitness staff based on qualifications instead of whose son it is would be a start.

In the meantime, I'd just send every Indian bowler over to county cricket and pay them to train the bowlers.

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Yes, considering how much improvement we saw in Zaheer after that one season in county cricket. Why aren't we sending guys like Ishant, Sreesanth, and Munaf over there? Especially before the series against England coming up this summer.

I mean you'd think Zaheer would mentor and convince Ishant and the rest to invest in a season of county cricket, but it boggles my mind as to why that hasn't been the case. I mean Zaheer came back a completely different bowler.
    Last edited by Turbinator; 08-03-2011 at 07:38 PM.

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information