• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 25 - India v Netherlands

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PhoenixFire

International Coach
If WI beat Eng, Eng beat Ban, WI beat Ind, Ire beat WI, SA beat Ind, Ire beat SA, SA beat Ban & Ire beat Neth, Ind could still miss out

jeevan

International 12th Man
If WI beat Eng, Eng beat Ban, WI beat Ind, Ire beat WI, SA beat Ind, Ire beat SA, SA beat Ban & Ire beat Neth, Ind could still miss out
...and the margins of both defeats for India plus the magrin of victory of Eng vs BD (minus the margin of loss of Eng vs WI) has to overcome the NRR gap between India (+0.992 after 4 games) & England (+0.054 after 4). Otherwise India & Eng are tied on 7 points and it comes down to NRR.

Phew, you had me seriously worried there for a minute as only one of the above results would be a true upset the ways things have gone in group B (Ire over SA).

Blaze 18

Banned
So, England have to thrash Bangladesh and Ireland will have to top the group ? England may beat the living daylights out of Bangladesh, but there's no way Ireland are going to top the group. India are through to the quarter-finals, the second team after Pakistan from either group.

They will have to significantly lift their game if they are to win in the quarter-final, though. Each of the four teams in the other group is a tough proposition. At this stage it looks like we'll be getting Pakistan. Not really the team you'd want to face in a knockout match. I really hope we get Sri Lanka (first preference) or New Zealand. No Australia, no Pakistan.

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
So, England have to thrash Bangladesh and Ireland will have to top the group ? England may beat the living daylights out of Bangladesh, but there's no way Ireland are going to top the group. India are through to the quarter-finals, the second team after Pakistan from either group.

They will have to significantly lift their game if they are to win in the quarter-final, though. Each of the four teams in the other group is a tough proposition. At this stage it looks like we'll be getting Pakistan. Not really the team you'd want to face in a knockout match. I really hope we get Sri Lanka (first preference) or New Zealand. No Australia, no Pakistan.
Jo Darrgya Woh Samjho Margya!

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Sanjay Manjrekar rightly said, that "In the end it was a fairly comfortable victory like it was against Ireland and you wonder with this team if they are only putting in so much, because it is Netherlands and because it is Ireland".

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
Sanjay Manjrekar rightly said, that "In the end it was a fairly comfortable victory like it was against Ireland and you wonder with this team if they are only putting in so much, because it is Netherlands and because it is Ireland".
ummm yeaaaaah I figured it out.

Dhoni_fan IS Sanjay manjrekar. :ph34r:

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
and how is that a reason to not include them?

Blaze 18

Banned
Jo Darrgya Woh Samjho Margya!
It's not really the match itself I am scared of but the aftermath. I'd go into depression for four years if Pakistan were to knock us out. The players themselves will be under massive pressure, as they'll be expected to win at home. As good as Sri Lanka and New Zealand are, they don't quite match up to Australia or Pakistan.

Blaze 18

Banned
and how is that a reason to not include them?
Ireland, Netherlands and Zimbabwe have made a fair account of themselves at this World Cup. Even if the ICC do reduce the number of teams, these three should be included. Kenya and Canada are the worst of the lot by a country mile, and Bangladesh have been woeful (I realise they aren't an associate but still).

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
It's not really the match itself I am scared of but the aftermath. I'd go into depression for four years if Pakistan were to knock us out. The players themselves will be under massive pressure, as they'll be expected to win at home. As good as Sri Lanka and New Zealand are, they don't quite match up to Australia or Pakistan.
Sri Lanka has Malinga who scares the crap out of me. His bowling is dangerous. Sorry but India will have to bring their A+ game if they play against Sri Lanka, Australia or Pakistan in QF.

We should be able to beat NZ though right if we play against them?? :unsure: