• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 25 - India v Netherlands

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Surely play Ashwin on Saturday.

He must be smiling at Nehra and Chawla's last overs :p

Blaze 18

Banned
Sakshi needs to make sure Dhoni hasn't dumped her for Chawla. There's no other plausible reason for him picking Chawla over and over again. Come to think of it, Ravindra Jadeja may be a little worried too.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow, Netherlands are still batting? Decided to watch something else 45 minutes ago thinking the lower order would quickly succumb.

Spark

Global Moderator
Wow, Netherlands are still batting? Decided to watch something else 45 minutes ago thinking the lower order would quickly succumb.
India haven't bowled very well, frankly. Smarter batting would've seen them still 6 or 7 down at worst.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Zaheer is so much better than any of our bowlers. Its quite funny seeing the contrast.

Last edited:

R_D

International Debutant
so India have only one genuine wicket taking bowler..... kudos to Zaheer.

Harbhjan continuing with his fine form of not taking wickets.

R_D

International Debutant
Sakshi needs to make sure Dhoni hasn't dumped her for Chawla. There's no other plausible reason for him picking Chawla over and over again. Come to think of it, Ravindra Jadeja may be a little worried too.
I think Ashwin will definitely play next match... the comments from Dhoni were quite interesting.. sounded like Ashwin was definitely going to play next despite how Chawla does in this match.
Chawla is a good kid but not quite ready yet.. doesn't have the control yet.

Blaze 18

Banned
Cricinfo : "The last two balls spoiled mu figures," says a smiling Piyush Chawla. "But I bowled well, my rhythm is back and I am confident going forward."

:laugh:

You'll be carrying drinks from the next match mate, just like Sreesanth.

Spark

Global Moderator
so India have only one genuine wicket taking bowler..... kudos to Zaheer.

Harbhjan continuing with his fine form of not taking wickets.
So it would seem. I'm getting increasingly doubtful about India's chances in this tournament ITBT. Their batting is good, but not that good and their bowling ranges from mediocre to outright poor (Zaheer aside) and their fielding is ordinary. They're a side I can easily see giving away mountains of runs at the death on a regular basis if Zaheer has anything but an excellent day.

Last edited:

Blaze 18

Banned
I think Ashwin will definitely play next match... the comments from Dhoni were quite interesting.. sounded like Ashwin was definitely going to play next despite how Chawla does in this match.
Chawla is a good kid but not quite ready yet.. doesn't have the control yet.
I hope so. Either that or play three seamers.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I reckon we can chase this down in 20 odd overs
Why bother though?

Have Sehwag and Sachin continue their reasonable form heading into SA.

We won't be smashing 189 in 20 overs vs. SA. Why try and throw away wickets today?

Don't understand why you're so keen on bashing them into oblivion. Especially when you scenarios are near impossible.