• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 24 - New Zealand v Pakistan

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
New Zealand v Pakistan
Tue Mar 8

Pallekele International Cricket Stadium
09:00 GMT | 14:30 local | 20:00 EST | 19:30 CST | 17:00 WST

New Zealand Squad

Daniel Vettori (captain), Hamish Bennett, James Franklin, Martin Guptill, Jamie How, Brendon McCullum (wicketkeeper), Nathan McCullum, Kyle Mills, Jacob Oram, Jesse Ryder, Tim Southee, Scott Styris, Ross Taylor, Kane Williamson, Luke Woodcock

Pakistan Squad

Shahid Afridi (captain), Misbah-ul-Haq, Abdul Razzaq, Abdur Rehman, Ahmed Shehzad, Asad Shafiq, Junaid Khan, Kamran Akmal (wicketkeeper), Mohammad Hafeez, Saeed Ajmal, Shoaib Akhtar, Umar Akmal (wicketkeeper), Umar Gul, Wahab Riaz, Younis Khan

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Very much looking forward to this match. Actually think NZ may take it out.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Pakistan to win easily. Our batting will fail.
Let the jinxing, The anti jinxing, and the New Zealand pessimism/realism begin in all earnestness.

I have voted for NZ to win - but I think we are the underdogs. Pakistan seem to be a better squad than us.

Our only hope for this tournament is for our top 4 to get on a hot streak.

When in the days of yore we used to be ranked 4th in the world - we had 4 or 5 good batsman who would perform close to every game. Right now we seem to be down to nobody performing. Hopefully John Wright can turn it around. He seems to be off to a slow start, Wright, trying different things to see what will work and having trouble getting the batsman to turn up.

I think Taylor is a class act. And while he may not come good this tournament he should be persevered with at all costs.

Days of Grace

International Captain
The fact we have recently played these guys should be a major advantage, compared to coming up against Sri Lanka bowlers such as Malinga and Murali that we have not faced in a while.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Pakistan to win easily, Afridi to murder us on a track that actually takes turn.

irottev

U19 Cricketer
Would usually say Pakistan but in this case, I think NZ might finally play decent. I dunno. Seems hard to believe the batting could conceivably fail again.

Himannv

International Coach
Afridi seems to have become a real handful with the ball these days and he has good support from the others as well. With Misbah and Younis to steady the ship and the Akmals to score quick runs they will be really handy with the bat. Tough team to beat at the moment so I think Pakistan will take this one.

Xuhaib

International Coach
will be a good game usually the Kiwis have been our bitch @ world cup's hopefully the trend continues.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NZ will have their work cut out to handle Pakistan's attack. If they again end up in a situation where they're dependent on Vettori and NcCullum to score the bulk of their runs, they'll struggle.

sudhindra9

School Boy/Girl Captain
Pakistan start as clear favourites. But New Zealand are capable of springing more than a suprise. The New Zealand pace attack looks good and even their openers look good. Their only problem is the middle order. They havent been scoring for a while. Pakistan on the other hand look a balanced side and bat deep. They've got a good blend of aggression and experience

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Pakistan start as clear favourites. But New Zealand are capable of springing more than a suprise. The New Zealand pace attack looks good and even their openers look good. Their only problem is the middle order. They havent been scoring for a while. Pakistan on the other hand look a balanced side and bat deep. They've got a good blend of aggression and experience
Nice post.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Where do you get such unwavering optimism?
bandwagon.jpg I am still on it.

I realise you jumped off the bandwagon some 5 or 6 losses ago and have now listed New Zealand as your 4th most hated team.

My optimism is based on the fact we used to be ranked 4th with the same team. They have to return at some point.

salman85

International Debutant
NZ thrash minnows,and become a minnow themselves against the test sides.

Expect the trend to continue.I have a feeling Afridi will come good with the bat this time.