Cricket Betting Site Betway

View Poll Results: Who will win this match?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • New Zealand

13 59.09%
  • Pakistan

9 40.91%
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Match 24 - New Zealand v Pakistan

lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    What's gone into you man???? You were the guy who was hell bent on proving that Kyle Mills was better than Shahid Afridi in all areas of the game. You seem to have lost all steam????
    Mills bias does not equal NZ bias. Did you know we dropped him earlier in this world cup when he was reportedly fit to play?

Mills. Mills.

Mills.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post

Mills. Mills.

Mills.
    That's better
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

I would always back Pakistan to beat NZL however Pakistan with 3 wins off 3 I feel might take their foot off the peddle and this is where NZl might capitalize had it been a must win game Pakistan would beat them 7 times out of 10.

International Coach Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    I think Pakistan will be wide awake for this game, after nearly losing to Canada. They will also be very confident because previous Pakistan teams would have lost that game, but because of their improved fielding and unity they got through.

This Pakistani team is quite strong and balanced in most of the areas. They have a good middle and lower order, with a strong bowling attack. Their only weakness is the top order, which needs to make a strong start; we always do well when the openers get some runs on the scorecard. Another weakness is chasing, so I hope Afridi decides to bowl first.

I predict one of the openers to get 50, and Afridi getting another 5 wicket haul. I also think both Afridi and Razzaq will chip in with the bat tomorrow.

It's almost impossible to predict what will happen in this game.
    The NZ team has been very inconsistent (especially the batsmen), who knows how they'll perform.
    Pakistan have been a lot more consistent, but this isn't a must win game for them and it's hard to know how desperate they'll be to win it.

I hope NZ wins. They need the confidence.
    My advice to Dan: Bowl first!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeGee View Post
    It's almost impossible to predict what will happen in this game.
    The NZ team has been very inconsistent (especially the batsmen), who knows how they'll perform.
    Pakistan have been a lot more consistent, but this isn't a must win game for them and it's hard to know how desperate they'll be to win it.

I hope NZ wins. They need the confidence.
    My advice to Dan: Bowl first!!

Why do you want them to bowl first ? Pakistan would love batting first; that is their strength. If they bat first and post 250 plus, New Zealand will find it very hard to score against their spinners.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar
    Pakistani's bowling is much stronger than their batting, especially with Afridi effectively operating as a bowler recently.

The top order has a lot of talent, and has been working well together lately, but I get the impression of it being rather brittle.
    Join the CW Commentary Discord - https://discord.gg/2cYpfrf

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    When I saw the headline 'Pallekele set for World Cup debut' I thought we had uncovered a new 150kmph bowler and had flown him over, and got mildly excited.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    When I saw the headline 'Pallekele set for World Cup debut' I thought we had uncovered a new 150kmph bowler and had flown him over, and got mildly excited.
    Haha, I too thought Pallekele sounded like a Tongan name. And therefore he should by default play for us

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze 18 View Post

Why do you want them to bowl first ? Pakistan would love batting first; that is their strength. If they bat first and post 250 plus, New Zealand will find it very hard to score against their spinners.
    IMO, Pakistan's strength comes from three players: Misbah-ul-Haq, Younis Khan and Shahid Afridi. Any team that wants to beat Pakistan needs to neutralize those three.

NZ's strength comes from Vettori, Mills and Southee. If your strength is your bowling, then bowl first.

The NZ batsmen are poor at setting a total. They always try to push the scoring rate too much, too soon and end up losing early wickets. They look much better when they know what their target is and are able to pace their innings accordingly.

So, my plan for NZ is: Bowl first. Try to put pressure on Misbah-ul-Haq and Younis Khan by taking early wickets and drying up the singles. When NZ bats, don't take any risks against Afridi, just see him off.

Quote Originally Posted by straw man View Post
    Haha, I too thought Pallekele sounded like a Tongan name. And therefore he should by default play for us
    Me too

Wouldn't mind seeing Oram coming back for this game in place of Bennett. Oram is still a very experienced player and if he could discover some form prior to the quarter finals that would be huge for us. Who knows, perhaps a short period of being fit but not selected may have helped him refocus his game a little.

Bennett wasn't hugely impressive against Zimbabwe, though by nature he's always going to be inconsistent with that bowling action at this stage in his career. Is still an option if NZ feel they need to 'roll the dice' later in the tournament.

Btw, the poll on this thread at 10-7 in favour of NZ is ridiculous IMO. There is no way we are anything but underdogs going into this game.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar
    Btw, the poll on this thread at 10-7 in favour of NZ is ridiculous IMO. There is no way we are anything but underdogs going into this game.
    Wouldn't pay much attention to the polls tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze 18 View Post

awta

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Pakistani's bowling is much stronger than their batting, especially with Afridi effectively operating as a bowler recently.

The top order has a lot of talent, and has been working well together lately, but I get the impression of it being rather brittle.
    awta

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information