Cricket Betting Site Betway

View Poll Results: Who will win this match?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • New Zealand

13 59.09%
  • Pakistan

9 40.91%
Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Match 24 - New Zealand v Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Where do you get such unwavering optimism?
    Well I dunno. Surely it can;t fail AGAIN! I mean what would be the odds.
    Hamish Bennett's #1 Fan

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Quote Originally Posted by sudhindra9 View Post
    Pakistan start as clear favourites. But New Zealand are capable of springing more than a suprise. The New Zealand pace attack looks good and even their openers look good. Their only problem is the middle order. They havent been scoring for a while. Pakistan on the other hand look a balanced side and bat deep. They've got a good blend of aggression and experience
    Nice post.
    1) Ross is Boss.
    2) See point 1.

Leading the charge against nuances being used in posts.

Overrated XI M Bracewell, Burns, Rahane, Don Voges, Bairstow, Alecz Day, Donovan Grobelaar, Luke Ronchi, Faulkner, Dan Christian, Permaul

Quote Originally Posted by irottev View Post
    Odds of batting failing? I guess the odds would be something like 13 out of the last 16 times

Want Styris to score runs tomorrow.

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Where do you get such unwavering optimism?
    bandwagon.jpg I am still on it.

I realise you jumped off the bandwagon some 5 or 6 losses ago and have now listed New Zealand as your 4th most hated team.

My optimism is based on the fact we used to be ranked 4th with the same team. They have to return at some point.

International Debutant salman85's Avatar
    NZ thrash minnows,and become a minnow themselves against the test sides.

Expect the trend to continue.I have a feeling Afridi will come good with the bat this time.

Got a hunch NZ may nick this one Pakistan are unbeaten but were pushed against Canada big time.
    Bazza needs to fire!

Banned
    They weren't pushed big time against Canada, to be fair. They were never really in danger of losing. It was a bit like our match against Ireland yesterday, maybe a touch closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze 18 View Post
    They weren't pushed big time against Canada, to be fair. They were never really in danger of losing. It was a bit like our match against Ireland yesterday, maybe a touch closer.
    I disagree with you they were bowled out for 184 which fair enough was a tricky total on that deck but that 100-3 Canada had a real chance, after that Afridi raised his game and was one way traffic.

But for a good stage of that match the upset looked like it was on, that was never the case yesterday when we played Ireland.

Banned
    Nah they never really had a chance to score 180 against that attack, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze 18 View Post
    Nah they never really had a chance to score 180 against that attack, in my opinion.
    I think we will have to agree to disagree! at 100-3 I really thought the chase was on and they had a chance of course that changed shortly after but at that moment they had a real chance IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    will be a good game usually the Kiwis have been our bitch @ world cup's hopefully the trend continues.
    I hope so too

Quote Originally Posted by straw man View Post
    Odds of batting failing? I guess the odds would be something like 13 out of the last 16 times

Quote Originally Posted by Dhoni_fan View Post
    I think we will have to agree to disagree! at 100-3 I really thought the chase was on and they had a chance of course that changed shortly after but at that moment they had a real chance IMHO
    The trouble was that once Canada would let the req run rate slip they would have an uphill task against the Pakistan bowling attack and especially on that pitch. That is exactly what happened. The key against this Pakistan side is to get a good quick start. That would bring Afridi under pressure. None of the sides have managed that so far. Even SL started off slowly, Gul gave away a 16 run over which boosted their run rate otherwise the start was not that great.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    Quote Originally Posted by irottev View Post
    You've just doomed us to another thirty games of terrible batting. I hope you're happy young man!
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Just give it a little tappy, a little tap tap-aroo.
    Misbah Ul Haq and Ross Taylor are the key here. If either of them fail their respective team can see their chances of winning grow thinner. Taylor especially really needs to step up if New Zealand are looking to go through to the later stages of the tournament. I actually think both teams bowling attacks are pretty good. Pakistan could capitalise on a bad Southee/Bennett day though. I have a feeling the New Zealand selectors might see this coming though and play Oram at the expense of probably Bennett. Both teams will be go into the game with a decent amount of confidence, especially Pakistan.
    Last edited by Mike5181; 07-03-2011 at 03:01 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhoni_fan View Post
    Done.

You've just doomed us to another thirty games of terrible batting. I hope you're happy young man!
    What's gone into you man???? You were the guy who was hell bent on proving that Kyle Mills was better than Shahid Afridi in all areas of the game. You seem to have lost all steam????

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information