• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Disliked Cricket Team

Which team do you dislike the most?

• Total voters

Spark

Global Moderator
I must say I do like - genuinely like - how cricket fans' definition of "untoward" is much stricter than many other sports. I do feel that it means that a lot of folks get a raw deal for some fairly minor things though.

smash84

The Tiger King
Agree with you on the Media thing. While Indian media has a tendency to go overboard in praise, and also to give knee jerk reactions to every result, English media tends to make everyone believe that they have got the next great cricketer in their ranks every few years.

Surprised though to know that you dislike Dhoni. He hasn't done anything untoward like a Sreesanth or a Harbhajan to be disliked, and he is actually a rare success story for an individual coming from an average background and a mostly ignored cricketing part of the country. And then to go onto achieve all that he has done is actually quite incredible. That it is all taken for granted, only tells you the easy and unassuming style of the guy.

I also tend to like people who don't come with an excess baggage of coaching and professionalism, and play cricket and impose their personalities in the way they seem fit - that "raw" element which is increasingly becoming rare. That is the reason why I admire Sehwag and Dhoni so much. I don't care if they don't end up anywhere near the greats of the game, but they give hope and inspiration to so many youngsters who are deprived of the infrastructure and opportunities that urban dwellers have access to.

Being a Pakistani yourself, you would know what I mean. No one throws "raw" talent onto the world cricketing stage as often and as successfully as Pakistan does. And that is a reason why I am deeply saddened by all the controversies that Pakistan keeps getting itself into (I am over my childhood hatred for Pakistan :p).
Great post. You write good quality stuff generally. You and Blaze some of the more balanced Indian supporters I have seen over the years. Although my favorite Indian poster is Teja......lol........you never get the feeling that he is actually supporting India at all.......and always the pessimist :)..........

haha.,,...and I like the last line of your post too......

Mike5181

International Captain
I know Australia is coming second in this poll but i have changed my stance on them from when i was growing up. I used to loathe them back in the day and every time Michael Hussey and co would run in from the boundary jumping up and down for even the minor wickets, channel nine constantly blaring down our ears reminding us just how good they were. Now these days you see those same class players who were almost immortalized back then quite like Ponting reduced to the average cricketers play thing. Especially when you see the likes of Brett Lee back in the team. How can you not feel a little bit of attachment to a side that represents the end of an era? My viewing era? one filled with greats like McGrath, Ponting and Warne.

smash84

The Tiger King
Yeah and even though I always feel that Dhoni never praises the opposition when India lose he is still a decent guy. Doesn't have the antics of a Bhajji, Sreesanth, or Ganguly. And he has got to be the luckiest captain in the world (or so I always feel for some reason).

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It was hard not to be awed by some of the cricket that Australia team played in their pomp. I don't expect to see a better team than that in my lifetime.

EDIT : in response to Mike.

Flem274*

123/5
:lol: How did these **** ****s beat Ireland? They look ridiculous.

Name 3 things you don't like about the media? I won't ask you what you don't like about the fans in case it is CW fans that you dislike.

You never used to talk like this when we weren't ****e. You used to get mad at other fans for giving up on the team.
The CW fans are fine. Outside this website though...*facepam*

Three reasons I hate the NZ cricket media

1) They're nearly always wrong
2) Goldfish memories
3) Chris Rattue, John Milmow, Mark *****on, Doug "this is a DISGRACE champ" Golightly

Yeah. Flem was the guy who argued with me (when I had joined CW) that Kyle Mills was better than Shahid Afridi in all aspects of the game. I was quite irritated by his stance but now I think he is beginning to go the opposite way.

I think the Flem274 of old was better for CW. Should have at least some jingoistic nationalist NZ fans around.
Interesting. Central Districts is the only team I'm a blatantly biased troll about. Generally I've been a moderate NZ fan, and the Mills thing was heat of the moment, but I probably am a card carrying fanboy in the eyes of others.:p

Blaze 18

Banned
Great post. You write good quality stuff generally. You and Blaze some of the more balanced Indian supporters I have seen over the years. Although my favorite Indian poster is Teja......lol........you never get the feeling that he is actually supporting India at all.......and always the pessimist :)..........

:wub:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah and even though I always feel that Dhoni never praises the opposition when India lose he is still a decent guy. Doesn't have the antics of a Bhajji, Sreesanth, or Ganguly. And he has got to be the luckiest captain in the world (or so I always feel for some reason).
Dhoni is a terrible winner or loser IMO. Don't dislike him otherwise though.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I'd say he's the least diplomatic captain out there. Even smitty can offer a nice word here and there

Teja.

Global Moderator

I'm not saying this because he said he likes me but smalishah is an awesome poster IMO, Brings a lot of cheerfulness to the forum and is an extremely nice guy.

Also, Bring the :laugh::laugh::laugh: s back please. :p

Howe_zat

Audio File

I always liked Teja, until he picked van Wyk for our draft team. :dry:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!

I'm not saying this because he said he likes me but smalishah is an awesome poster IMO, Brings a lot of cheerfulness to the forum and is an extremely nice guy.

Also, Bring the :laugh::laugh::laugh: s back please. :p
I like all the Pakistan posters here... should post more often. Probably aren't jobless like some of us TBF. :ph34r:

Himannv

International Coach
So much love in the air suddenly.

Shocking that the closets are being opened in a thread titled "Most Disliked Cricket Team" :D

Teja.

Global Moderator
I always liked Teja, until he picked van Wyk for our draft team. :dry:
Blame Prince EWS and co. for hyping the guy up :p

Nah, Yesterday's pitch was hard to bat on in addition to him being subjected to great bowling. If he gets picked again, he'll come good IMO.