Just to clarify, I didn't try to demean english by my random remark. It was from the perspective of the player, I described it. It is indeed a random language for him, as he wasn't exposed to it from childhood, and there is no need for him to learn it to excel in his work arena. For me, welsh is a random language, as I find no particular need to learn it to carry out my daily stuff or for entertainment.
And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW
Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta
I dislike Pakistan the most because they keep fixing matches.
Now as far as criticising Inzi for his English goes I think most Pakistanis would happily join in. That is because people here haven't gotten over colonial attitudes despite 60+ years of independence.
But that doesn't change the fact that it is rather petty to criticize cricketers for their language skills. Cricketers aren't participating in beauty contests or language proficiency tests. They're competing in cricket matches.
Last edited by StumpMic; 09-03-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Voted for Sri Lanka.
My Dislike Ranking -
1. Sri Lanka (Jayasuria, Murali, Aravinda retired. Sangakkara n co = cocky)
2. England (I hate Strauss's face, wanna slap him, good batsmen, I just dislike him, he is toooo old fashioned. Pieterson also annoys me sometimes).
3. Bangladesh (Types of Mohd. Ashraful etc are so over-rated).
4. India & Pakistan (India for laziness in field n bowler's attitude), (Pakistan for very unprofessional jersey/bat logo's/Management/Administration).
5. South Africa (Graeme Smith , Players hair style or lack of hair)
6. West Indies
8. New Zealand
Are we talking about the World Cup? In that case it's clearly Australia. When it comes to test matches they are too pathetic to hate.
That's mostly because of how they lose though.
do you think people will be allowed to make violins?
who's going to make the violins?
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)