• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Disliked Cricket Team

Which team do you dislike the most?

• Total voters

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I find his english hilarious and entertaining. Am I mocking him? No. Everyone loves him, ffs the guy has done more than I can ever hope to achieve in a 100 lifetimes.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I find his english hilarious and entertaining. Am I mocking him? No. Everyone loves him, ffs the guy has done more than I can ever hope to achieve in a 100 lifetimes.
From the hilarious run outs to the sad farewell in the 2007 WC, Inzy has always been a great man on and off the field and will be missed. It's nice to know that people on this forum consider that.

Himannv

International Coach
I can honestly say I enjoy his interviews much more than Sanga's. Its not mocking him in anyway if poeple say his interviews are funny IMO.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
If you mean widely in terms of the number of persons then you are off the mark dude. This post smacks of your ignorance.
This post smacks of your lack of ability to read someone's post. Widely spoken != spoken by most people, I'd imagine that's fairly clear.

Anyway, point still stands. I wouldn't dream of mocking another persons inability to speak English if they are giving it their best effort, but to call English some random language is inredibly daft or trolling.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I find his English hilarious and entertaining. Am I mocking him? No. Everyone loves him, ffs the guy has done more than I can ever hope to achieve in a 100 lifetimes.
No you are not mocking him for that. But making fun of him for not understanding a reporter's question which was in English and presumably in an accent totally different from the one Inzi grew up listening is.

That said even though I quoted benchmark00, I have no problem with what he said becuase he is simply incapable of mocking anyone . Can't say same about posters who came up with comments like "lol random language".

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
This post smacks of your lack of ability to read someone's post. Widely spoken != spoken by most people, I'd imagine that's fairly clear.

Anyway, point still stands. I wouldn't dream of mocking another persons inability to speak English if they are giving it their best effort, but to call English some random language is inredibly daft or trolling.
I am appalled that the English speakers have taken offense to English being called as a "Random Language" which I am not sure if the person that said so really meant it literally.

What if it is not a random language ? So what it is the most widely spoken language ? He went to a school and grew up in a culture where he the spoken language was not English.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Your usual helpful contribution eh.
Yes usual because If I had posted anymore on the topic at that time, I was more likely to receive warning from Moderators for derailing the thread.

Contrary to your accusations and beliefs that there is an India bias on this forum, some of us do receive points (and they are not redeemable for at least 42 days). So the best I could do in the circumstances was to contribute using the safest option.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No you are not mocking him for that. But making fun of him for not understanding a reporter's question which was in English and presumably in an accent totally different from the one Inzi grew up listening is.

That said even though I quoted benchmark00, I have no problem with what he said becuase he is simply incapable of mocking anyone . Can't say same about posters who came up with comments like "lol random language".
Laughing at his response is not really making fun of him. His response was funny, doesn't matter whether he understood the question or not.

This is like laughing at Chris Martin getting out to Wasim Akram. Not Martins fault he's not a good batsmen, just like how it's not Inzi's fault he's not a good English speaker. But you can't blame anyone for laughing can you? Weird analogy maybe but I think I made my point.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Finally a bit of spice to this thread, just why I posted it. Was getting worried with all the mushy, lovey-dovey stuff between Smalishah and Teja a few pages back.

Popcorn anyone? :ph34r:

Bun

Banned
Just to clarify, I didn't try to demean english by my random remark. It was from the perspective of the player, I described it. It is indeed a random language for him, as he wasn't exposed to it from childhood, and there is no need for him to learn it to excel in his work arena. For me, welsh is a random language, as I find no particular need to learn it to carry out my daily stuff or for entertainment.

smash84

The Tiger King
LOL.....dude just read what you have written it is lolworthy.....you have basically repeated what I had said........ so even going by the superbly unique definition that you came up with English is not the language spoken by most people in the world :p.

Finally a bit of spice to this thread, just why I posted it. Was getting worried with all the mushy, lovey-dovey stuff between Smalishah and Teja a few pages back.

Popcorn anyone? :ph34r:
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

StumpMic

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I dislike Pakistan the most because they keep fixing matches.

Now as far as criticising Inzi for his English goes I think most Pakistanis would happily join in. That is because people here haven't gotten over colonial attitudes despite 60+ years of independence.

But that doesn't change the fact that it is rather petty to criticize cricketers for their language skills. Cricketers aren't participating in beauty contests or language proficiency tests. They're competing in cricket matches.

Last edited:

angad

U19 12th Man
Voted for Sri Lanka.

My Dislike Ranking -

1. Sri Lanka (Jayasuria, Murali, Aravinda retired. Sangakkara n co = ****y)

2. England (I hate Strauss's face, wanna slap him, good batsmen, I just dislike him, he is toooo old fashioned. Pieterson also annoys me sometimes).

3. Bangladesh (Types of Mohd. Ashraful etc are so over-rated).

4. India & Pakistan (India for laziness in field n bowler's attitude), (Pakistan for very unprofessional jersey/bat logo's/Management/Administration).

5. South Africa (Graeme Smith :@ , Players hair style or lack of hair)

6. West Indies

7. Australia

8. New Zealand

Dissector

International Debutant
Are we talking about the World Cup? In that case it's clearly Australia. When it comes to test matches they are too pathetic to hate.:ph34r: