• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Disliked Cricket Team

Which team do you dislike the most?

• Total voters

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Do what? Very rare to hear a good interview from a player. All about how much 'character' they've shown and generic soundbites. Especially the England team. It's like they've been trained (in paraphrase David Byrne) to talk a lot without saying anything.
The Strauss effect. Swanneh a notable exception, though.

For anyone who hasn't seen them, Saeed Ajmal gives the best interviews ever.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Strauss has quite a lengthy interview on the Ashes DVD collection. It seems like he's actively restraining himself from saying anything interesting. Punter was actually pretty good, comes off as a really nice bloke off the field.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Not even a single vote for SA? Interesting.
I firmly believe that the more popular or relevant the team, the more people that will dislike it. I believe the three leading vote getters of this poll are also the three most popular/relevant cricket teams in the world today. That’s why I wouldn’t particularly mind if my team were to “win” this poll.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I firmly believe that the more popular or relevant the team, the more people that will dislike it. I believe the three leading vote getters of this poll are also the three most popular/relevant cricket teams in the world today. That’s why I wouldn’t particularly mind if my team were to “win” this poll.
As you alluded to before, the relative lack of South Africans here may have something to do with it.

Fusion

Global Moderator
As you alluded to before, the relative lack of South Africans here may have something to do with it.
Absolutely. The three teams with the most fans are inevitably going to post more and annoy greater amount of people, hence they are leading this poll.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
lol.. reading some of the comments here, esp. about Indian fans, I really should NOT have edited my post to be nice..

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not even a single vote for SA? Interesting.
Think they have a side where they like a lot of players but don't really like the country. Or at least that's what I feel about them, so countries with a lot of ****s (not saying that's the case) like Australia and India are probably hated more.

salman85

International Debutant
I have a certain dislike for South Africa.Even some of their players like Smith for example.But they would not be the team i dislike most.The only reason i dislike them is because they are so robotic.I've never found their team exciting like the West Indies for example.Boo-****ing-Hoo.

Most boring,unimaginative team ever.

Quaggas

State Captain
Obviously no votes for SA: they have the most likable fans & players; dynamic, exuberant and stylish play; and a "wonderful country" to boot. :ph34r:

Edit: Oh, and did I mention relevant: Every time the team loses it's a "choke," no matter who the opposition.

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I am one of the few guys around I think who like Harbhajan. Before he came into the team we had too many nice guys around and boy were we pussies when we faced an aggressive team especially away from home. He was among the first guys who gave it to the opponents. Yes he talked a lot but he wasn't a goose like Sreesanth.

I actually started liking him more after the Sydney controversy. The whole series seemed to be one where every Aussie was trying to tip him over the line with their sledging and tip over he did. This ganging up kind of made me like him even more.

Also, like it when he gets going in the thrillers like the Asia cup game against Pakistan, the Kolkatta test against SA and so on.

This post wasn't to disagree with anyone just about how I like Harbhajan and why.
Poor Harbhajan the victim