Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Apologies and setting the record straight

Apologies and setting the record straight

Guys I am new here so maybe I didnt know the protocol.

I am a passionate Indian fan I do love my team but I also do not look to offend or sub humanise anyone here.

My comments about turning up to beat Ireland were only semi serious far more tongue in cheek, while I do love my team and this sport I love to have a little banter which I believe is fine as long as it does not harm anyone.

But if those comments about saying that India do just need to turn up to beat Ireland did cause any offence then I would obviously apologise for that.

Hope everyone keeps enjoying the world cup and look forward to more great debate!

For the record to Irish Fans you have a very capable side, I can see you if you play well beating the Windies of SA, you have proved yourselves and you have certainly achieved more than Bangladesh at the same stage.

Hope this was the right place for this thread btw!

Fair enough, but generally speaking if you want to make a post that isn't to be taken seriously, use the smiley.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

forever 63*

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    That smiley is not an excuse for shennanigans btw.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"
    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Fair enough, but generally speaking if you want to make a post that isn't to be taken seriously, use the smiley.
    Worst smiley
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Quote Originally Posted by Dhoni_fan View Post
    Hope this was the right place for this thread btw!
    "Of Course"

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    D_F, you were right anyway, in the sense of by "turning up" you mean "turning up with your heads on properly".

In that scenario, for sure, that's what India had to do.

Ireland are such a game side though. Been great to watch this WC. I pretty much missed last night, but I mean weren't they two for virtually nothing again? And to get over 200 as an associate team after a start like that, on top of their beating England. They're really competing well at this tourney.
    Last edited by Burgey; 06-03-2011 at 11:56 PM.

Greatest Test XI::: S Gavaskar, M Hayden, D Bradman*, S Tendulkar, A Border, G Sobers, A Gilchrist, I Khan, S Warne, M Marshall, G McGrath
    Reserves: B Richards, V Richards, A Knott, M Muralitharan

Greatest ODI XI::: A Gilchrist, S Tendulkar, R Ponting*, V Richards, M Dhoni, M Bevan, S Pollock, W Akram, S Warne, J Garner, M Muralitharan, A Donald
    Reserves: A deVilliars, B Lara, R Hadlee, S Warne

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    D_F, you wree right anyway, in the sense of by "turning up" you mean "turning up with your heads on properly".
    He didn't mean that though. He made post after post about how India executed their game plan of making sure the team bus got tp the game in team and how clinical they were. If he wasn't joking then it was terrible posting and even if it was, it wasn't great.

IMO, India actually would've lost that game if they put in a similar performance and Ireland played somewhere near their best. Ireland themselves were below par and the game was relatively close; says a lot about the "game plan" of making sure the team bus arrived in time.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    "Of Course"
    "Well, of course"

It's ok. We all have embarrassing posts in our past.

Your First Post
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

RIP Craig

My first post was awesome IIRC

EDIT: Oh man, read through that thread. cpr
    Last edited by Spark; 07-03-2011 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    He didn't mean that though. He made post after post about how India executed their game plan of making sure the team bus got tp the game in team and how clinical they were. If he wasn't joking then it was terrible posting and even if it was, it wasn't great.

IMO, India actually would've lost that game if they put in a similar performance and Ireland played somewhere near their best. Ireland themselves were below par and the game was relatively close; says a lot about the "game plan" of making sure the team bus arrived in time.
    To be fair we didn't play to our best because we did not need to be at any stage, it was all about getting the 2 points which we did!

But that was not the point of this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhoni_fan View Post
    To be fair we didn't play to our best because we did not need to be at any stage
    Of course that's why. Nothing to do with Ireland putting pressure on India.

Give me strength.

My first post was in Introduce Yourself. Got a bit nervy halfway through and started talking about cheese. Started as i meant to go on.
    "Your averages, captain, coaches and players can probably survive incompetence over a relatively short series, so if youíre going to be rubbish, make sure itís against Pakistan, Sri Lanka, New Zealand or someone."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information