• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Apologies and setting the record straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Guys I am new here so maybe I didnt know the protocol.

I am a passionate Indian fan I do love my team but I also do not look to offend or sub humanise anyone here.

My comments about turning up to beat Ireland were only semi serious far more tongue in cheek, while I do love my team and this sport I love to have a little banter which I believe is fine as long as it does not harm anyone.

But if those comments about saying that India do just need to turn up to beat Ireland did cause any offence then I would obviously apologise for that.

Hope everyone keeps enjoying the world cup and look forward to more great debate!

For the record to Irish Fans you have a very capable side, I can see you if you play well beating the Windies of SA, you have proved yourselves and you have certainly achieved more than Bangladesh at the same stage.

Spark

Global Moderator
Fair enough, but generally speaking if you want to make a post that isn't to be taken seriously, use the :ph34r: smiley.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
D_F, you were right anyway, in the sense of by "turning up" you mean "turning up with your heads on properly".

In that scenario, for sure, that's what India had to do.

Ireland are such a game side though. Been great to watch this WC. I pretty much missed last night, but I mean weren't they two for virtually nothing again? And to get over 200 as an associate team after a start like that, on top of their beating England. They're really competing well at this tourney.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
D_F, you wree right anyway, in the sense of by "turning up" you mean "turning up with your heads on properly".
He didn't mean that though. He made post after post about how India executed their game plan of making sure the team bus got tp the game in team and how clinical they were. If he wasn't joking then it was terrible posting and even if it was, it wasn't great.

IMO, India actually would've lost that game if they put in a similar performance and Ireland played somewhere near their best. Ireland themselves were below par and the game was relatively close; says a lot about the "game plan" of making sure the team bus arrived in time.

Spark

Global Moderator
My first post was awesome IIRC :cool:

EDIT: Oh man, read through that thread. cpr :laugh:

Last edited:

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
He didn't mean that though. He made post after post about how India executed their game plan of making sure the team bus got tp the game in team and how clinical they were. If he wasn't joking then it was terrible posting and even if it was, it wasn't great.

IMO, India actually would've lost that game if they put in a similar performance and Ireland played somewhere near their best. Ireland themselves were below par and the game was relatively close; says a lot about the "game plan" of making sure the team bus arrived in time.
To be fair we didn't play to our best because we did not need to be at any stage, it was all about getting the 2 points which we did!

But that was not the point of this thread! :)

Howe_zat

Audio File
My first post was in Introduce Yourself. Got a bit nervy halfway through and started talking about cheese. Started as i meant to go on.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Of course that's why. Nothing to do with Ireland putting pressure on India.

Give me strength.
Mate at no stage in that chase or in the match did we look like we were going to lose, and it was crucial that we made sure all of our top order got a hit out as moving forward to the later games like the semis and the final we need everyone to had time in the middle.

As I have said against the opponents were were facing we did what we needed to do to get 2 points, and never had to be at our best.

smash84

The Tiger King
dhoni_fan by speaking more and more and trying to defend your earlier stance you are defeating the whole purpose of this thread.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
dhoni_fan by speaking more and more and trying to defend your earlier stance you are defeating the whole purpose of this thread.
I disagree, I stand by the OP but that the same post I do not think any comments thereafter have defeated the objective of that original post :)

smash84

The Tiger King
I disagree, I stand by the OP but that the same post I do not think any comments thereafter have defeated the objective of that original post :)
yes i know. I am saying that your current comments seem to be going against this thread. They seem to be along the same lines as the original post.

unless your intention is to further support your earlier stance :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.