• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Apologies and setting the record straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Just admit you got snapped and move on.:p

It's not as though the biased mod team will infract you!:ph34r:
Infract me for what though?

I made a comment tongue in cheek, which I apolgised for if it caused offence, I do not think I have said anything thereafter to go against what I intially said :)

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Mate at no stage in that chase or in the match did we look like we were going to lose, and it was crucial that we made sure all of our top order got a hit out as moving forward to the later games like the semis and the final we need everyone to had time in the middle.

As I have said against the opponents were were facing we did what we needed to do to get 2 points, and never had to be at our best.
So you weren't nervous at all after Yuvraj ran his mate out?

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Annoyed but not nervous, truthfully I never felt nervous at all yesterday, because I knew we had Dhoni and Yusuf and if needed Harbhjan to come at that stage 6 wickets in hand just 100 needed.

Was a bit :( as I love watching Kohli bat but cant say I was nervous!

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was nervous from the moment Sehwag got out. Knew straightaway that it would be a right old scrap.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah definitely looked like an upset was a slim possibility. Another quick wicket following the run out and the result was up in the air

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
If Yusuf went then yes I would have been a touch concerned, but in yesterday's match I was not!! :)
but I do give the Irish credit thought it was a very plucky effort from them they battled hard and tried their best with the resources that they had!

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
just checking, does anyone think I'm a complete dickhead? might want to start a thread like this if so.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Clearly it was all part of the plan to get all the top order a turn in the middle so why should he be?

Was such a clinical performance I don't even know why Ireland bothered to turn up.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Clearly it was all part of the plan to get all the top order a turn in the middle so why should he be?

Was such a clinical performance I don't even know why Ireland bothered to turn up.
If I was not nervous, I don't think that is something to be ashamed of! I always felt we had that one covered, as I said if Yusuf got out it would have been a cause for concern but it did not happen, and as Dhoni said, we ensured all of our top order got some time in the middle which is crucial for when we play in his words "more powerful teams than Ireland" :)

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Let's be honest here. India has about 1000 X our population. Cricket is their number one sport. Its probably our 6th or 7th. They were at home.

Winning simply by 'turning up' is a pretty accurate prediction if you go by those statsitics. Sad for you guys it wasn't the case however.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Let's be honest here. India has about 1000 X our population. Cricket is their number one sport. Its probably our 6th or 7th. They were at home.

Winning simply by 'turning up' is a pretty accurate prediction if you go by those statsitics. Sad for you guys it wasn't the case however.
That is where you are wrong mate.

We rocked up at the ground played how we needed to play to get 2 points (which was no where near our best) and were able to afford the chance to let our whole middle order get time in the middle that is a huge plus.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
That is where you are wrong mate.

We rocked up at the ground played how we needed to play to get 2 points (which was no where near our best) and were able to afford the chance to let our whole middle order get time in the middle that is a huge plus.
So your batsmen deliberately threw their wickets? Are you accusing your own team of spotfixing?

If we'd scored another 50 runs (which was very possible) the game would've been very close imo.

Flem274*

123/5
If Yusuf went then yes I would have been a touch concerned, but in yesterday's match I was not!! :)
but I do give the Irish credit thought it was a very plucky effort from them they battled hard and tried their best with the resources that they had!
Because that isn't patronising at all

Status
Not open for further replies.