• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup quality thread

Xuhaib

International Coach
ATG
Eng-Ire
Eng-Ind

Good
Pak-Sri
Ned-Eng
Pak-Can
Ire-Ban
Wi-Ban

Average
Ind-Ban
Wi-Sa
Aus-Nz

Meh
Ken-NZ
Aus-Zim
Zim-Can
Pak-Ken
Sl-Can
Wi-Ned
Sa-Ned
NZ-Zim
Sl-Ken

To many meh's for my liking but still a decent number of good games Wi-Ban gets in the good range because the result though not a shock but still the total ownage was a surprise

Last edited:

salman85

International Debutant
The WC has been farily good so far IMO.Far,FAR better than the last one.It can be argued that i'm enjoying it more since Pakistan is doing so well,but the other games have been relativley entertaining too.

The WestIndies-Bangaldesh game doesn't belong in the good game category IMO,since it was completley one sided,but we're only 2 weeks into the tournament and there have already been some pretty good games.Plus Group B is looking mouthwatering,so i'd say the quality till now has been very good.And it will only get better once we look forward to some potentially explosive knockout matchups.

Spark

Global Moderator
Think the India-Eng game is better than merely good. One for the ages for mine.

Debris

International 12th Man
A lot of the mismatches were scheduled early on in the tournament so the standard of the group matches should be more competitive from here on.

Spark

Global Moderator
Aus-Canada and Aus-Kenya? Minnows' minnow bats against three 150kmh bowlers. Yeah I see that ending well.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Think the India-Eng game is better than merely good. One for the ages for mine.
It was on the higher end of good I reckon too much bat dominating the ball and it did not seem like its going to be a close game till the 43rd over just fall short off the ATG category offcourse all this is subjective ranking.:)

Mike5181

International Captain
Aus-Canada and Aus-Kenya? Minnows' minnow bats against three 150kmh bowlers. Yeah I see that ending well.
Think what he means is Australia vs Pakistan, Sri Lanka and NZ vs Pakistan, Sri Lanka. Those will be pretty interesting to be honest.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ind vs. Eng's see-saw finish puts it into ATG for mine. Yes sure it was bat dominating ball, but so many matches have that.

The drama was excellent.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Been OK so far, need to see more. Would prefer not to see complete roads like Bangalore TBH. Yet the two games in Bangalore have been top-notch.

Blaze 18

Banned
West Indies-Bangladesh was arguably the worst game of the entire tournament. I don't think it should be there in the "good" category.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
ATG
Eng-Ire
Eng-Ind

Good
Pak-Sri
Ned-Eng
Pak-Can
Ire-Ban
Wi-Ban

Average
Ind-Ban
Wi-Sa
Aus-Nz

Meh
Ken-NZ
Aus-Zim
Zim-Can
Pak-Ken
Sl-Can
Wi-Ned
Sa-Ned
NZ-Zim
Sl-Ken

To many meh's for my liking but still a decent number of good games Wi-Ban gets in the good range because the result though not a shock but still the total ownage was a surprise
I think you're being a little generous there; India/Bang was very meh for me, there was never any semblance of a contest & Windies/Bang was quite average too for pretty much the same reasons. Impressive batting from India and bowling from the Windies, but the games themselves weren't up to much.

Unless England are playing the contests have been sadly lacking on the whole.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I think you're being a little generous there; India/Bang was very meh for me, there was never any semblance of a contest & Windies/Bang was quite average too for pretty much the same reasons. Impressive batting from India and bowling from the Windies, but the games themselves weren't up to much.

Unless England are playing the contests have been sadly lacking on the whole.
for some reason I am a sucker for games where one team gets completley Ko'ed by an evenly matched opposition unless ofcourse Pakistan is getting the ass kicking thats why I enjoyed the windies-bangla game.

India-Bangla was nothing special but alteast Bangla did try to stay in the contest till the 40 over though realistically they were never in it and needed a KOB style speccial to make a game off it.

Spark

Global Moderator
From an Aus POV the washout last night has severely diminished the quality of the WC thus far, given that it's been a week since our last match, and a week 'til our next.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
From an Aus POV the washout last night has severely diminished the quality of the WC thus far, given that it's been a week since our last match, and a week 'til our next.
It's annoying as a cricket fan too, tbh. One of the few group stage games that looked a good match up and was living up to the promise too. Wouldn't have much mattered in the grand scheme as both are nailed on for the QFs anyway, but would still have been a good contest.

If there was a god he'd have rained off Kenya v NZ instead.