• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 22 - India v Ireland

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Well, on this wicket, I would bowl first too tbh, regardless of which team I'm on.

We'll see, I don't think Ireland will lose it 'convincingly' for what it's worth. If the group goes down to the wire, it may come down to net run rate (anyone know the order of the tie breakers?), so maybe Ireland may want to think about that too.
FTR, order of the tie-breakers is:

In the event of teams finishing on equal points in its Group, the right to play in the quarter-finals will be decided in the following order of priority:

The team with the most wins in the Group matches will be placed in the higher position.
If there are teams with equal points and equal wins in the Group matches then in such case the team with the higher net run rate in the Group matches will be placed in the higher position.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Piyush bowling **** means Yusuf has to bowl 10 which means easy runs for the opposition on a slow wicket. Thats probably the biggest weakness India has. If even one frontline bowler messes up(which almost always happens), its really hard to put the pressure on the batting team. And if our batting fails then thats pretty much it I guess.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
This is really good from Ireland. Even if they get 300 you'd back India to chase it down comfortably... still there's nothing like the pressure of potential egg-on-face to lead to actual egg all over face.

Uppercut

O'Brien! :(

He would have been handy later on. Hits the ball just as well as his bro.

Uppercut

Andrew White's funny to watch. He basically tries to play a sweep at every delivery.

Uppercut

No one's out on the sweep for White, wtf. Looks like India haven't done any kind of preparation for the Ireland side at all.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
No one's out on the sweep for White, wtf. Looks like India haven't done any kind of preparation for the Ireland side at all.
Didn't cost them. Getting quite sick of him in ODIs really; he's played some decent four-day innings and his unorthodoxy makes him somewhat useful in T20 cricket I suppose but if he's not going to bowl his darts he definitely shouldn't be playing ODIs IMO. I'm gathering Botha is injured but I'd prefer to see Wilson given a run at this point.

Uppercut

Wilson's another one they've stuck with for a long time for almost no contribution at all. Never been that convinced by Wilson, he must look fantastic in the nets. Was one of the first in the Ireland side to get a county contract and has been one of the worst performers.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Wilson's another one they've stuck with for a long time for almost no contribution at all. Never been that convinced by Wilson, he must look fantastic in the nets. Was one of the first in the Ireland side to get a county contract and has been one of the worst performers.
Wilson's never really had a proper run though; he's usually been the reserve batsman or been used out of position. His ODI record is better than White's as well.

Uppercut

I can't really figure out what his role in ODIs is supposed to be.

But yeah I'd still probably prefer him to White if White isn't bowling. Went to my school, incidentally.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Why is Chawla still bowling? I'm not watching. I assume one of the other Indian bowlers is injured. If not, Dhoni has lost his mind!