• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 22 - India v Ireland

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
Want Ireland to put up a good performance and lose in the last over. Can't handle any more ties.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
India are minnows. Ireland should lose their ODI status if they can't score 400 against this bowling attack.

Blaze 18

Banned
I have a feeling this is going to be one-sided because :

1) Dhoni would have given his bowlers and fielders a talking to after the England match. They have had plenty of time to regroup, and I am confident they'll do well tomorrow.
2) Kevin O'Brien will find it hard to replicate his heroics from the last match.

Blaze 18

Banned
By the way, how come this match is being played in Bangalore ? Weren't Calcutta supposed to get this match, after losing out on India-England ?

Woodster

International Captain
I have a feeling this is going to be one-sided because :

1) Dhoni would have given his bowlers and fielders a talking to after the England match. They have had plenty of time to regroup, and I am confident they'll do well tomorrow.
2) Kevin O'Brien will find it hard to replicate his heroics from the last match.
Tbf, think O'Brien will find it hard to ever replicate his heroics from the other day. Once in a lifetime innings.

I do think India will prove a much tougher nut to crack than England did the other day though.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I think India's almost total reliance on their batting order does make them potential targets for an upset, in the sense that all it takes is a freak batting collapse to lose them the match.

Of course, 19 times out of 20 this Indian batting lineup is going to blow Ireland out of the water, but it could happen. I suspect that in a pressure situation, where they are having to defend a gettable total, the Indian bowling and fielding is more likely to let them down than see them through.

Maximus0723

State Regular
I will be happy to lose toss and bowl first. Wanna see how our bowlers perform in 1st inning.

Predicting this game to be boring/one-sided.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Indian bowling really is minnow though. Ireland should aim for 300+ if they bat first. It's not unachievable at all.

And considering the pitch is still easy to chase on in the second innings, they need that much anyway to have a good shot at winning.

Last edited: