• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 22 - India v Ireland

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Howe_zat

Audio File
Not about the scoring rate. Look at how Yuvi has played balls bouncing above his chest off Rankin.

Sign to come when he has to face Morkel, Mitch and Lee IMO.
Yeah, he's looked shaky, but I meant you're harsh on Rankin. Probably the fastest associate bowler in the world.

(Definately the fastest bowler in the match.)

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
****'s sake India. Am I asking too much for you to not lose to Ireland at home in a World Cup?

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
10 overs x 8 runs an over = 80 Runs
that's why i said 10 overs left, I have a feeling when dhoni is sure that there isn't going to be any upset he will cut loose.
That tactic could also backfire hilariously

Not worth the risk imo.

Howe_zat

Audio File
****'s sake India. Am I asking too much for you to not lose to Ireland at home in a World Cup?
They're going along fine. So long as they don't lose 3 wickets in the next 10 overs they'll have no problems. Run rate not an issue right now.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Looks like the good old times. Yuvraj and Dhoni staying out there in the middle for a while. Don't think wickets are going to fall, we will cruise home with these 2 getting us over the line around the 45th over.

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
Looks like the good old times. Yuvraj and Dhoni staying out there in the middle for a while. Don't think wickets are going to fall, we will cruise home with these 2 getting us over the line around the 45th over.
Don't jinx plz

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
Look at your username, a long hard look, then call a jinx in the thread.:p
Yes, I say India will lose. But maybe it will be the opposite. In that case I will feel much happier.

It's better to expect worse and then be pleasantly surprised.

smash84

The Tiger King
True.............these 2 have gotten India out of trouble so many times in ODIs.......

Look at your username, a long hard look, then call a jinx in the thread.:p
:laugh:

Francis

State Vice-Captain
Not to take anything away from Ireland, who have performed brilliantly at times, but I don't know about these pitches in this World Cup.

Earlier today I was praising the pitches because the England/South Africa game was so entertaining.

But the more I watch every team bowl extra slow offspin into complete dust-bowls of pitches, the more I realize these pitches are having a leveling effect on the game.

It's like teams are trying to guess how far the ball will spin, and it's a Russian Roulette kind of luck where the team that wins seems to be the side that just missed the ball, rather than nicked the ball.

Maybe I'm wrong. After all, playing spin is part of the game! Different conditions call for different styles of cricket, and teams are required to play spin well.

But Ireland don't have a world class bowling attack, and their off-spinners are beating the outside edge of the Indian batsman!

The games are having more of a feel like, "well let's just bowl the ball down the pitch, and the pitch will take care of the rest." We've all seen games that have been called off because the pitch is poor and teams can't score off them. These pitches aren't remotely that bad. But surely there's a line where pitches are so poor that they become more of a leveling influence on the game, rather than a surface that allows the better team to express their talents and win.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
You can have whatever cricketing opinion you want about the Indian team, but please don't make generalizations about a whole group of people or posters. Thanks.
You're right, that's my bad. No idea where I got the idea that Indian fans are arrogant.

I also think we'll bowl first for a change and chase a target below 50. :cool:
:laugh:

EDIT: I actually want India to bowl first in order to get a bit of chasing practice in.
Right 208 to win, we should get this in about 20 overs I reckon.
Pathan should be allowed to bat up the order in this match. Give him some game time.