• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 21 - England v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spark

Global Moderator
After what Steyn and Duminy did at the MCG and to some extent Smith/ABdV at Perth, I can't really fairly call their test side chokey at all.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
After what Steyn and Duminy did at the MCG and to some extent Smith/ABdV at Perth, I can't really fairly call their test side chokey at all.
To choke you also got to give the opposition credit. South Africa were 2 down for nothing against the Windies but they didn't collapse or stutter. AB came out there hit three boundaries, had 12 from 4 or 5 balls, pressure on was now pressure off as the Windies retreated. He tried to do that yesterday, went to 18 from 18, was looking positive but England were able to restore a semblance of control and put dots on the board cue choke, something which the Windies couldn't achieve.

Spark

Global Moderator
Well you can't really apply the "choker" tag to everyone. ABdV is one player who I think is one for whom that doesn't apply. It took a monumental piece of bowling to get him. Don't know what JP was doing though. Otherwise, agreed.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
JP and du Plessis were the worst dismissals really. Amla's wasnt a choke as much as careless that led to a choke and gave the England team confidence to ensure that any sign of weakness from SA would be exploited. They bowled fantastic after that, and that's all she wrote.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just watched the highlights and I have to say it was a pretty ordinary deck with uneven bounce and masses of turn

Reckon we'll be in for more of these as if I was a host nation, I'd be playing to my strengths and producing these strips for virtually every game against teams from outside the subcontinent

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just watched the highlights and I have to say it was a pretty ordinary deck with uneven bounce and masses of turn

Reckon we'll be in for more of these as if I was a host nation, I'd be playing to my strengths and producing these strips for virtually every game against teams from outside the subcontinent
Agree with that, rather see more decks like this than a road though where 330 isn't enough.

Something in between the two would be ideal, something in it for both bat and ball.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Just saw this on Cricinfo. Didn't notice it live.

Jacques Kallis added a touch of good old-fashioned sportsmanship when he relied on Matt Prior's honesty to see if he was out. Kallis chased a Broad delivery that he should have left alone and got a small nick. It died on Prior who took the catch low down and there was some doubt if it carried. While Broad was pointing wildly at the floor and Prior, Kallis simply asked Prior if he had caught it cleanly. When the wicket-keeper said yes, Kallis walked off the field, the second time he has done so at this World Cup.
Played, Jacques.

Personally, I'd have a hard time relying on Matt Prior's honesty. A bit like relying on UFO abductions. Sure, I admit it may exist, but I'm yet to see any real evidence and the reports are questionable at best.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just saw this on Cricinfo. Didn't notice it live.

Played, Jacques.

Personally, I'd have a hard time relying on Matt Prior's honesty. A bit like relying on UFO abductions. Sure, I admit it may exist, but I'm yet to see any real evidence and the reports are questionable at best.
:lol:

That's awesome.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol.

Said at the time that I wouldn't rely on any keeper's word. A lot of the time they haven't got a clue.

See Amla walking vs. Netherlands, and then being called back.

0RI0N

State 12th Man
Lulz this result is actually a good result for SA.
I will explain after the final match in Group B.