Cricket Betting Site Betway

View Poll Results: Who will win this match?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • England

9 36.00%
  • South Africa

16 64.00%
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Match 21 - England v South Africa

The interview that they showed on Sky Sports today I thought was fascinating. Ian Ward interviewed Andy Flower and he was refreshingly honest, as always he came across excellently.

He took his fair share of responsibility for the lowering of fielding standards, suggesting he himself has taken his foot off the gas with regards the training and intensity. Maybe it's designed to take some pressure off the players, but I do think he'll be his own harshest critic. Clearly a deep thinker about the game, if anyone can get the players focused for tomorrow's battle, it's Flower.

He was also critical of the bowlers abilities to execute a change in the plans in pressurised situations when certain factors demand a deviation from Plan A. Certain things that may be obvious to the spectators, but he didn't come out with the usual garbage that a lot of coaches trot out in order to avoid saying anything negative about the side.
    http://batallday.blogspot.com/ - Cricket blog dedicated to domestic cricket.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    What would the Indian fans prefer? An England win - to knock South Africa further from the favourites tag and help India win the group? Or a South Africa win, to keep an England elimination alive?
    Just a closely contested game to be honest. It doesn't really matter who wins - we're neutrals.

Personally speaking, I don't want England to get eliminated. Their elimination would mean an easy quarterfinal game for someone from the other group.

vcs
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend vcs's Avatar
    Tie sounds good TBH. Though if we go by the usual convention of supporting minnows, then England it is.

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze 18 View Post
    Just a closely contested game to be honest. It doesn't really matter who wins - we're neutrals.

Personally speaking, I don't want England to get eliminated. Their elimination would mean an easy quarterfinal game for someone from the other group.
    You don't want Pakistan to face Bangladesh or Ireland in quarterfinals
    I think Pakistan themselves haven't qualified for the Quarterfinals yet so i should just shut up my mouth

International Coach Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    I hope England will win this match, because then group B will become very interesting. On the other hand if Pak tops group A and England gets eliminated, then as Blaze has mentioned, they will have a fairly easy quarter-final.

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    I hope England will win this match, because then group B will become very interesting. On the other hand if Pak tops group A and England gets eliminated, then as Blaze has mentioned, they will have a fairly easy quarter-final.
    But you can expect Pakistan to finish at number 4 also :P
    anything can happen but hopefully they will top the group, if they are able to beat Newzealand on 8th of March

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cricpk View Post
    You don't want Pakistan to face Bangladesh or Ireland in quarterfinals
    I think Pakistan themselves haven't qualified for the Quarterfinals yet so i should just shut up my mouth
    They have. And no, I don't want anyone to get Bangladesh-Ireland in the quarterfinals. Not Pakistan, not Australia, not Sri Lanka, not New Zealand. The worst team that someone from our group can get is New Zealand, so I don't see why any of them should get Bangladesh or Ireland.

Banned
    But you can expect Pakistan to finish at number 4 also :P
    anything can happen but hopefully they will top the group, if they are able to beat Newzealand on 8th of March
    They'll have to beat Australia to top the group. For what it's worth, I think the standings will look something like this :

Group A

1) Australia
    2) Pakistan
    3) Sri Lanka
    4) New Zealand

Group B

1) South Africa
    2) India
    3) England
    4) West Indies

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Group B is wide open. But in the end, I do see SA, India, England and WI make it through with Ireland behind them and just left out, followed by Bangladesh (a very bad showing for them).
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

International 12th Man blahblahblah's Avatar
    well no chance for england or windies to fall out wat so ever even after doing some math ?

U19 12th Man
    They have. And no, I don't want anyone to get Bangladesh-Ireland in the quarterfinals. Not Pakistan, not Australia, not Sri Lanka, not New Zealand. The worst team that someone from our group can get is New Zealand, so I don't see why any of them should get Bangladesh or Ireland.
    What if Pakistan lose to Newzeland & Australia & Zimbabwe games wahes out
    And India wins every game from now onwards
    India VS Pakistan quarterfinal

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    What would the Indian fans prefer? An England win - to knock South Africa further from the favourites tag and help India win the group? Or a South Africa win, to keep an England elimination alive?
    South Africa win tbh. Why? Because I am confident India will beat South Africa, and top the group anyway.

Either way, I am pretty sure England will secure the fourth spot in the group and face Australia in the quarters.

Banned
    What if Pakistan lose to Newzeland & Australia & Zimbabwe games wahes out
    And India wins every game from now onwards
    India VS Pakistan quarterfinal
    Hahaha, too many ifs and buts there . I see both India and Pakistan finishing in the top two of their respective groups, so a quarterfinal match between the two is unlikely. Maybe a semi-final or the final ? Not sure if I want India to face Pakistan, though. The two teams most likely to beat us at the moment are Australia and Pakistan.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator View Post
    South Africa win tbh. Why? Because I am confident India will beat South Africa, and top the group anyway.

Either way, I am pretty sure England will secure the fourth spot in the group and face Australia in the quarters.
    England will probably be third. Can't see West Indies beating them.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar
    England will probably be third. Can't see West Indies beating them.
    Well, coming into this tournament England definately looked like the stronger side, and had the results to back it up. But there's no doubt the West Indies have been the better side in this tournament, so they've definately got a chance.
    Join the CW Commentary Discord - https://discord.gg/2cYpfrf

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information