• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Player of the tournament

blahblahblah

International 12th Man
so who's already in line for the player of the tournament title?

i guess afridi has been doing it for Pakistan in each and every match

India hasn't played much to actually take name of any player from there.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
AB Devilliers. Had a feeling pre-Cup that he'd be in with a real shot for player of the tournament and/or most runs.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Sachin Tendulkar, will score a **** load of runs and walk away with the award like in 2003.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Right now, Strauss is both the leading run scorer and has the second-best innings of the tournament, he's leading this. I don't expect him to keep it up, though.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm guessing AB Devilliers or Mitchell Johnson. Johnson's looked pretty sharp recently

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Shahid Afridi. Regardless of the quality of Canada, he bowled his team to victory in that game. His record is incredible so early in the tournament, and he does look in supurb bowling form. If Pakistan make it to the quarters he could have 20+ wickets by that stage, and you feel one decent batting performance will come in this tournament from him.

salman85

International Debutant
Afridi.Yes i'm biased.

Even if it's not Afridi,i hope it's a bowler that gets the award.My guess would be one of Johnson or Malinga.

jeevan

International 12th Man
With 2 fifties and a five-for, and easily India's 4th bowler ahead of the sad show of Sreesanth/Chawla - is Yuvraj the all-rounder of the tournament at this point?

None of the usual suspects - Kallis, Vettori, Shakib, Watto, Mathews - have done better than this in all around performance yet, though Afridi is the bowler to watch thus far.

(Of course the all-rounder of the tournament isn't going to be the player of the tournament. But waterboy has bowled his way back in a way few expected..)

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It'll be really interesting to see what happens if Afridi has another blinder against NZ.

Because if Pakistan were to say get knocked out in the quarters or semis, but Afridi was Godly up til that point, I wonder whether they'd give it to him?