• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Player of the tournament

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It'll be really interesting to see what happens if Afridi has another blinder against NZ.

Because if Pakistan were to say get knocked out in the quarters or semis, but Afridi was Godly up til that point, I wonder whether they'd give it to him?
I doubt it, personally. The group matches are so much less consequential than the knockouts - if someone puts in numerous awesome performances in the knockout stages they'll definitely have the inside running IMO.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Imran Tahir should take 20+ wickets but South Africa will be going home probably at the quarters when they face Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka or Australia. AB de Villiers should also score heavily up until said exit.

Guys like Johnson, Malinga and Afridi are good bets as they are likely to go the distance.

Blaze 18

Banned
It'll be really interesting to see what happens if Afridi has another blinder against NZ.

Because if Pakistan were to say get knocked out in the quarters or semis, but Afridi was Godly up til that point, I wonder whether they'd give it to him?
Depends on what he ends up with. Klusener got the award in 1999 despite South Africa not reaching the final, and Tendulkar got it in 2003 despite bombing in the final.

smash84

The Tiger King
atm seems like Afridi. Imran Tahir looks good too. Nothing special from the batsmen so far. Before the tournament I would have said Amla.

gvenkat

State Captain
Whoever can reel off 2/3 good performances in the QF/SF/Final will be the player of the tournament.

Of course if there is no one stand out performances during the Knock out, Then we can consider some one else. But we will see.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Afridi is heading for it but Pakistan will need to reach the semis at least if he is to win it as i reckon the player that gets it has to be in the last 4 and probably in the final.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Afridi is heading for it but Pakistan will need to reach the semis at least if he is to win it as i reckon the player that gets it has to be in the last 4 and probably in the final.
It'll almost certainly be someone in the winning team. They'll need to have won matches for their team first and foremost, knockout matches most of all. In the final is an absolute minimum.

Jacknife

International Captain
Whoever can reel off 2/3 good performances in the QF/SF/Final will be the player of the tournament.

Of course if there is no one stand out performances during the Knock out, Then we can consider some one else. But we will see.
Yes, exactly what I was going to say, far too early to say atm.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm hoping that the answer to the original question is Watson. However I have a feeling that Pakistan are going to go all the way and Afridi will get it.

Spark

Global Moderator
I want to see how Afridi bowls when he's being put under some reasonable amount of pressure first. He's had an easy time of it in some respects - he didn't even have to bowl at Taylor going mad yesterday!

Blaze 18

Banned
I want to see how Afridi bowls when he's being put under some reasonable amount of pressure first. He's had an easy time of it in some respects - he didn't even have to bowl at Taylor going mad yesterday!
Yeah it'll be interesting to see how he goes against Australia.