• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 20 - Sri Lanka v Australia

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spark

Global Moderator
Nah. Was just such a delicately poised match. Really a shame. Why couldn't it rain on a Kenya match?
Oh yeah it was and I think as I said we were in with a huge shout, and anyone who says otherwise is showing off some ludicrous one-eyedness, but SL were probably in a marginally stronger position at the time.

slip

Cricket Spectator
Have you ever played competetive cricket? You would understand why.

What is this in reference too? Tait and Dilshan?
If Dilshan started it, than I could understand Tait's outburst, but it still isn't acceptable. Maybe Tait is more angry about the extras he conceeds.

Debris

International 12th Man
If Dilshan started it, than I could understand Tait's outburst, but it still isn't acceptable. Maybe Tait is more angry about the extras he conceeds.
What do we know really? Tait looked angry and talked to Dilshan. Cricket is becoming a game for wimps. :no:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Has cheered on Australia in his other posts. Maybe he just doesn't like sledging. Hardly a crime.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tait's not usually so vocal, still don't know exactly what went on between he and Dilshan. Surely there's some history there, can't believe he'd fire up just because Dilshan pulled away with him in his delivery stride.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Tait's not usually so vocal, still don't know exactly what went on between he and Dilshan. Surely there's some history there, can't believe he'd fire up just because Dilshan pulled away with him in his delivery stride.
He actually fired up even before that; he went up to him and called him a "****ing ******" after he edged him through vacant third slip for four. I think that incident might've had a little something to do with why Dilshan pulled out late too.

Top_Cat

Certainly worked, was a nice bit of bowling to draw the edge in the end. Dishan looked pretty rattled.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
One of the best first overs in a cricket match I have ever seen. So much drama and sub-plots in six deliveries.

Spark

Global Moderator
Gotta give a little tut tut at the Ponting's pitch comments. It was fine. In fact, it was excellent and we need more of them.

This is purely based on how it played in the match, we don't know whether it would've gotten badly worse later on.

vcs

He didn't like the pitch in the warmup game against India either, did he? Funny thing is, even on a pitch that looks to be tailor-made for spinners, there will always be help for the pace bowlers, like England showed yesterday, so he shouldn't be complaining.

Spark

Global Moderator
Well, the pitch against India was possibly fair because that was probably too bowler-friendly. Still not a fantastic comment as as far as pitches go it's on par with 350 plays 300, but the difference between that pitch and the one the other night was that the India pitch had sharp fast turn and both kinds of variable bounce. You can graft, you can do whatever, but the chances are you'll get one that simply has your name and number on it and there's ****all you can do about it, and the chances are that'll be before you can make a meaningful contribution. Doesn't change the fact that many of htem batted like headless chickens and gave our wickets away rather than made the bowlers earn them so to speak, but it might not have mattered in the end.

On this pitch, however, yes, it turned, so you have to be decisive with your footwork and shot selection, play late etc. and we have batsmen in our lineup who are perfectly capable of scoring a decent amount of runs at a decent rate. It was slow turn. It wasn't spitting at you at speed, it wasn't turning ridiculously, it was just turning and bouncing a bit. There was nothing wrong with that pitch based on what I saw. Even the deck yesterday for Eng-SA had faster turn but that was by no means unplayable too (that was just Swann bowling to LHers)

vcs

Yeah maybe the pitch had something to do with Chawla looking so good, though he did bowl quite well that day and bowled one very good over against England when he got Trott and nearly Bell immediately after that.

Spark

Global Moderator
I mean, it was really the the ones that would zip through at pace at about shin height from short of a length which made me think "yeah, this isn't cool".