• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 20 - Sri Lanka v Australia

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
If Aus bat first and put up a total of over 250, they might very well win the match. Potent pace attack under lights would be devastating to face. If SL are batting first, gets trickier for Aussies on how they tackle spinners in the middle part. So think, toss will play a major factor.

smash84

The Tiger King
If Aus bat first and put up a total of over 250, they might very well win the match. Potent pace attack under lights would be devastating to face. If SL are batting first, gets trickier for Aussies on how they tackle spinners in the middle part. So think, toss will play a major factor.
awta

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, I think whoever bats first wins.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I have a feeling this will be won or lost in the pace bowling. Australia's is the best in the world on its day but can also go very wrong very quickly, and they don't have a world class spinner to take the match back.

Similarly, Sri Lanka can't rely on their spinners to win them this match. Alright the Aussie middle order has looked shaky lately but the top four are all more than capable of working the middle overs. Sri Lanka will have to make an early breakthrough or two to keep the runs down on these pitches.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Got a feeling that the Australia record-breaking run comes to an end here.

Think they'll get to the WC Final though, FTR.

Spark

Global Moderator
I have a feeling this will be won or lost in the pace bowling. Australia's is the best in the world on its day but can also go very wrong very quickly, and they don't have a world class spinner to take the match back.

Similarly, Sri Lanka can't rely on their spinners to win them this match. Alright the Aussie middle order has looked shaky lately but the top four are all more than capable of working the middle overs. Sri Lanka will have to make an early breakthrough or two to keep the runs down on these pitches.
You mean three and four. Whilst they're in, all is well. When they're not, all is most definitely not well. Probably.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Think Australia may sneak this. Will be match of the tournament IMO. I know we've had a tie and an Ireland epic win, but in general play from start to finish I'm more saying.

Very excited for this.

I think Watson, Haddin and Ponting up the top are absolutely crucial. Really need runs from at least two of them.

Spark

Global Moderator
Cricinfo article sums it up nicely IMO

It all adds up to an intriguing tussle, and Australia's first serious contest of the tournament. If Ponting's men come through with flying colours, they can justifiably be talked about among the favourites. If not, at least they'll know where they stand.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think Australia may sneak this. Will be match of the tournament IMO. I know we've had a tie and an Ireland epic win, but in general play from start to finish I'm more saying.

Very excited for this.

I think Watson, Haddin and Ponting up the top are absolutely crucial. Really need runs from at least two of them.
Who should we want to be cheering for? :p

Blaze 18

Banned
Pretty good chance we're seeing one of the finalists in this game, probably two semi-finalists. Will stay up late and watch this one (thanks for nothing Channel 9) :@

PS: who do people think deserve to start favourites? Why?
Australia. This is a World Cup match, that's why.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Tbh, this is probably the only time I'll be rooting for Australia, ever. Why? Because I want India to be the one who breaks their WC streak. :happy:

Bun

Banned
Ponting will put up his once in a blue moon batting display, hit a hundred and carry Aussies home.