• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 19 - Bangladesh v West Indies

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
Bangladesh v West Indies
Fri Mar 4

Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur
08:30 GMT | 14:30 local | 19:30 EST | 19:00 CST | 16:30 WST

Bangladesh Squad

Shakib Al Hasan (captain), Tamim Iqbal, Abdur Razzak, Imrul Kayes, Junaid Siddique, Mahmudullah, Mohammad Ashraful, Mushfiqur Rahim (wicketkeeper), Naeem Islam, Nazmul Hossain, Raqibul Hasan, Rubel Hossain, Shafiul Islam, Shahriar Nafees, Suhrawadi Shuvo

West Indies Squad

Darren Sammy (captain), Sulieman Benn, Dwayne Bravo, Darren Bravo, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Kirk Edwards, Chris Gayle, Nikita Miller, Kieron Pollard, Ravi Rampaul, Kemar Roach, Andre Russell, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Devon Smith, Devon Thomas (wicketkeeper)

cnerd123

likes this
I'd actually be quite disappointed if BD don't win this. Apart from the Dutch game, this is the best chance they got.

If they want to be taken seriously at this level, they should beat England and WI, or atleast give them really close games. If Ireland can beat England and Canada can put up a fight against Pak, there is no excuse for why BD can't beat both England and WI. They have home advantage and both England and WI are beatable.

It's about high time we stop talking about their potential and start talking about their performances. WC game in home conditions against 2 top sides who are struggling. Can't get a better stage to prove your worth than this ffs.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
West Indies are my 2nd favourite team it is fair to say I am confident but nervous. How we play the spin will be crucial hassan could be a real handful but if we are on our game then we should win comfortably!

Woodster

International Captain
Should be a very interesting contest. The Ireland victory will give hope to the underdog, which is still Bangladesh despite the home advantage,imo, and increases the importance in this result. In Kemar Roach, West Indies have the one bowler in this game that is capable of being the difference between the sides. Yes Bangladesh will look to strangle with their multitude of spin options, but played properly there is no individual that possesses the genuine quality to run through a side.

If Bangladesh can safely negotiate the threat of Roach, it will go a long way in securing a minor upset. There is not too much else to worry about in the WI bowling attack, and Tamim Iqbal will be wise to remember that his innings will become much easier for the safe passage past Roach. A circumspect approach early in his innings is not generally the M.O. for Tamim, but it may serve his side better should he go down this route tomorrow.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'd be seriously worried about the Windies bowling if I were them. Roach is a proven matchwinner on his day but it may be too much to ask of him to consistently carry the attack at his age.

Roach, Sammy and Miller were all part of the side that was hammered at home to Bangladesh two years ago, and Bangladesh have got much stronger since.

Batting will be far and away their strength. Gayle or Pollard, or both, having an "on" day will take the game away from Bangladesh, while Sarwan and Chanderpaul are experienced enough not to have problems working around the plethora of finger spinners.

Could well be close, though West Indies will start as favourites.

If either side win, they will back themselves to get out of the group with two out of three wins in the bag and matches against the Netherlands (Bangladesh) or Ireland (WI) coming up. The losing side will look to make up for it by taking on England, but will find themselves in a very difficult position.

Last edited:

cricpk

U19 12th Man
I like both Bangladesh & West Indies. It will be better if Westindies win but on the other side If Bangladesh play well, i can watch the match rather than listening to the phone calls of our Bangladeshi customers :laugh:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Can't see the West Indies bowling doing too much against Bangers or vice versa. Battle of the bats imo.

salman85

International Debutant
I think this has all the making of a world cup classic.Could possibly end up becoming the match of the tournament IMO.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Haha definitely taken out of context a bit there, nothing wrong with what he actually said.