View Poll Results: Who will win this match?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bangladesh

7 58.33%
  • West Indies

5 41.67%
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Match 19 - Bangladesh v West Indies

*Official* Match 19 - Bangladesh v West Indies

Bangladesh v West Indies
    Fri Mar 4

Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur
    08:30 GMT | 14:30 local | 19:30 EST | 19:00 CST | 16:30 WST

Bangladesh Squad

Shakib Al Hasan (captain), Tamim Iqbal, Abdur Razzak, Imrul Kayes, Junaid Siddique, Mahmudullah, Mohammad Ashraful, Mushfiqur Rahim (wicketkeeper), Naeem Islam, Nazmul Hossain, Raqibul Hasan, Rubel Hossain, Shafiul Islam, Shahriar Nafees, Suhrawadi Shuvo

West Indies Squad

Darren Sammy (captain), Sulieman Benn, Dwayne Bravo, Darren Bravo, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Kirk Edwards, Chris Gayle, Nikita Miller, Kieron Pollard, Ravi Rampaul, Kemar Roach, Andre Russell, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Devon Smith, Devon Thomas (wicketkeeper)

WI to win a low scoring match
    Ind vs PAK Semi Final: PAK WINS

Banned
    I'm very nervous about this match....

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Chalking Roach down for a 5er and Chanderpaul for a slowish 70odd. Windies win
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Massive match.
    Every 5 years we have an election and have to decide who are the least obnoxious out of all the men. Then one gets in and they age really quickly. Which is always fun to watch.

Banned
    Ireland's win yesterday makes this match all the more important. Massive game.

State Vice-Captain
    I'd actually be quite disappointed if BD don't win this. Apart from the Dutch game, this is the best chance they got.

If they want to be taken seriously at this level, they should beat England and WI, or atleast give them really close games. If Ireland can beat England and Canada can put up a fight against Pak, there is no excuse for why BD can't beat both England and WI. They have home advantage and both England and WI are beatable.

It's about high time we stop talking about their potential and start talking about their performances. WC game in home conditions against 2 top sides who are struggling. Can't get a better stage to prove your worth than this ffs.

Edit: Wrong thread.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Nah they're the same group.
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

What?

West Indies are my 2nd favourite team it is fair to say I am confident but nervous. How we play the spin will be crucial hassan could be a real handful but if we are on our game then we should win comfortably!

Cricket Web Staff Member Woodster's Avatar
    Should be a very interesting contest. The Ireland victory will give hope to the underdog, which is still Bangladesh despite the home advantage,imo, and increases the importance in this result. In Kemar Roach, West Indies have the one bowler in this game that is capable of being the difference between the sides. Yes Bangladesh will look to strangle with their multitude of spin options, but played properly there is no individual that possesses the genuine quality to run through a side.

If Bangladesh can safely negotiate the threat of Roach, it will go a long way in securing a minor upset. There is not too much else to worry about in the WI bowling attack, and Tamim Iqbal will be wise to remember that his innings will become much easier for the safe passage past Roach. A circumspect approach early in his innings is not generally the M.O. for Tamim, but it may serve his side better should he go down this route tomorrow.
    http://batallday.blogspot.com/ - Cricket blog dedicated to domestic cricket.

I'd be seriously worried about the Windies bowling if I were them. Roach is a proven matchwinner on his day but it may be too much to ask of him to consistently carry the attack at his age.

Roach, Sammy and Miller were all part of the side that was hammered at home to Bangladesh two years ago, and Bangladesh have got much stronger since.

Batting will be far and away their strength. Gayle or Pollard, or both, having an "on" day will take the game away from Bangladesh, while Sarwan and Chanderpaul are experienced enough not to have problems working around the plethora of finger spinners.

Could well be close, though West Indies will start as favourites.

If either side win, they will back themselves to get out of the group with two out of three wins in the bag and matches against the Netherlands (Bangladesh) or Ireland (WI) coming up. The losing side will look to make up for it by taking on England, but will find themselves in a very difficult position.
    Last edited by Howe_zat; 03-03-2011 at 02:45 PM.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    The Windies will murder them.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

U19 12th Man
    I like both Bangladesh & West Indies. It will be better if Westindies win but on the other side If Bangladesh play well, i can watch the match rather than listening to the phone calls of our Bangladeshi customers

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information