• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 18 - New Zealand v Zimbabwe

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
New Zealand v Zimbabwe
Fri Mar 4

Sardar Patel Stadium, Motera, Ahmedabad
04:00 GMT | 09:30 local | 15:00 EST | 14:30 CST | 12:00 WST

New Zealand Squad

Daniel Vettori (captain), Hamish Bennett, James Franklin, Martin Guptill, Jamie How, Brendon McCullum (wicketkeeper), Nathan McCullum, Kyle Mills, Jacob Oram, Jesse Ryder, Tim Southee, Scott Styris, Ross Taylor, Kane Williamson, Luke Woodcock

Zimbabwe Squad

Elton Chigumbura (captain), Regis Chakabva, Charles Coventry, Graeme Cremer, Terry Duffin, Craig Ervine, Greg Lamb, Shingirai Masakadza, Chris Mpofu, Tinashe Panyangara, Ray Price, Tatenda Taibu (wicketkeeper), Brendan Taylor, Prosper Utseya, Sean Williams

Flem274*

123/5
I honestly think Zimbabwe will win this. NZ start as favourites obviously, but we aren't good against spin and the batsmen are in awful form. Doesn't help we're randomly dropping our best bowler either, and if Mills is fit to play and doesn't this match I'll be spitting. We're in a **** patch, and Zimbabwe have a golden opportunity to pounce.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Go Zim! I still remember occasionally bowling to Brendan Taylor on saturday mornings at the Harare Sports club. :wub:

My prediction:

Zim 186 ao
Nzl 187/6 (48 overs)

Last edited:

Days of Grace

International Captain
Have a feeling one of the top 3 will play a blinder of an innings before going back to **** for the rest of the tournament.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Unfortunately I can see NZ winning and winning well. Bangladesh whitewash aside, they are up there with Sri Lanka as being the most ruthless of minnow bashes.

Elton needs a few runs, no longer trusts his own bowling and he isn't good enough to bat top six. From what I've read Price will be watched out and NZ will target everyone else.

Last edited:

BeeGee

International Captain
This game could very well decide the fourth place qualifier from this group.

On paper NZ should win but, on form, it could be a very close game.

I hope NZ win, if only to lift their confidence.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Even though NZ have been dire of late, the still should win this one.

NZ's problem are all mental, and when they playing minnows there is no pressure.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I seriously doubt Zimbabwe have the batting to pile on the runs here. It'd take a hefty collapse from the Kiwis to lose. Obviously that's not out of the question.

Athlai

Not Terrible
This game should be decided in the first 10 overs of our innings, if we're 3 down we'll probably choke (unless we bowl first and get them for under 150).

No faith in our batting order after an early falter.

cricman

International 12th Man
This game should be decided in the first 10 overs of our innings, if we're 3 down we'll probably choke (unless we bowl first and get them for under 150).

No faith in our batting order after an early falter.
Dan will score a century if he has too

Wouldn't surprise me tho If Zim win with their spin

Flem274*

123/5
I'm sort of hoping we lose tbh with an epic batting collapse. Our batsmen need a big boot in the backside when it comes to ODIs.

I can't believe I trust the test batting more than the ODI batting.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I am actually nervous.

(Saying that did the trick against Kenya)

cnerd123

likes this
Elton needs a few runs, no longer trusts his own bowling and he isn't good enough to bat top six. From what I've read Price will be watched out and NZ will target everyone else.
I've been wondering about this. Has he just stopped bowling because he doesn't feel like it anymore? Because he's barely scoring enough runs to justify his spot as a batsman.

Should be an interesting game given the manner with which Zim dismantled Kenya. Looking forward to this.

Chubb

International Regular
So psyched for this one. As much as I don't want NZ to lose, I want Zimbabwe to win. I feel so conflicted. But it's awesome. Zim have a real chance.

Howsie

International Captain
Black Caps looking to restore pride | Stuff.co.nz

Both of them [Oram and Mills] will have a chance of making the XI," Vettori said. "I think Jake is probably a foregone conclusion but we've got to work out the balance of our seamers and we've got to realise what a good bowler Kyle has been for us over time. Now he's fully fit it will be difficult to leave him out."

Another shock selection could be the inclusion of Williamson at the expense of James Franklin. Williamson has scored a one-day century on the subcontinent [against Bangladesh in October], has trained well this week and is comfortable facing spin
Interesting.