• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England : Worst bowling attack in the current world cup?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
:lol:

Broad has been consistently excellent in ODIs for years, not just today. On what basis could you possibly claim Southee to be better? It's ****ing laughable. Broad is one of the best ODI bowlers in the world.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No I didn't. I never claimed that. Tim Southee is far superior. He's taken a 4fer before :S Big deal. 1 performance doesn't make Broad a good bowler. Typical pom though, 1 win and and of a sudden they're all out in force again going on about how great their side is.

The classy response here mate was "I'm sorry I was wrong about England, and especially about Broad, I've looked at his record in ODIs and realise the Ireland performance was a one-off, probably down to illness. He's obviously superior to Southee. It seems I saw one performance which was totally atypically bad, and my dislike of the man made me say something rash."

Here to help:)

Spark

Global Moderator
Haha, what? I'd take Broad over almost any one-day bowler in the world. Rubbish call is rubbish.

Jacknife

International Captain
No I didn't. I never claimed that. Tim Southee is far superior. He's taken a 4fer before :S Big deal. 1 performance doesn't make Broad a good bowler. Typical pom though, 1 win and and of a sudden they're all out in force again going on about how great their side is.
:laugh:WAC.

Jacknife

International Captain
The classy response here mate was "I'm sorry I was wrong about England, and especially about Broad, I've looked at his record in ODIs and realise the Ireland performance was a one-off, probably down to illness. He's obviously superior to Southee. It seems I saw one performance which was totally atypically bad, and my dislike of the man made me say something rash."

Here to help:)
Classy is far too much to ask.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Anyone who doubts Anderson is still a threat should be made to watch his delivery to ABdV.

Again.

And again.

And again.
Anyone who doubts that Anderson is rubbish right now in ODI cricket should be made to watch the 46th over of the Bangladesh innings vs. England.

Again.

And again.

And again.

:ph34r:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone who doubts that Anderson is rubbish right now in ODI cricket should be made to watch the 46th over of the Bangladesh innings vs. England.

Again.

And again.

And again.

:ph34r:
:laugh: Touche.

England were so awful today apart from Swann, Bresnan and Collingwood. Shouldn't have come close to defending that.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Shazhad was good near the end tbf.

But if you bowl that many wides you should lose. And they did.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, his first spell was horrible. He bowled some beauties late on but I'd give more credit to Swann and Collingwood for building the pressure in the first place.

EDIT : was replying to Jono.

Jacknife

International Captain
Yeah, his first spell was horrible. He bowled some beauties late on but I'd give more credit to Swann and Collingwood for building the pressure in the first place.

EDIT : was replying to Jono.
Yes, Shahzad bowled really well he came back, bowled some beauties. Bres and Swann bowled well. Jimmy looks shot atm, it's a shame because he's bowled well for a fair bit. The fact is the batsmen didn't score enough.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Shahzad had not a bad match overall, had an awful first spell but came back very strongly late on.

Jimmy was the only England bowler to definately have a bad game, but was utterly dire. Still, the majority of the blame for that match rests with the top order.

Last edited: