• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England : Worst bowling attack in the current world cup?

Spark

Global Moderator
Anyone who doubts Anderson is still a threat should be made to watch his delivery to ABdV.

Again.

And again.

And again.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Pretty sure people were saying Anderson's bowling on sub-continent flat tracks was the issue. This wasn't flat.

But yes, fantastic delivery. Just brilliant.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
TBH this pitch had lots on it for the bowlers. It was spinning and conducive for reverse swing. A good performance but that doesn't take away that on flat tracks Anderson has basically been cannon fodder till now.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Never gotten why people don't rate Broad's bowling. Perhaps letting the fact he's a **** get in the way of him actually being good.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Never gotten why people don't rate Broad's bowling. Perhaps letting the fact he's a **** get in the way of him actually being good.
Think it might be that they haven't seen him improve over the years and still remember the guy who got hit for six sixes. Still makes me LOL that over.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
People also need to remember he has been injured and ill is still finding his way back to form, Broad is a quality bowler and a vital part of the England side and he would get in every other side in the world. He is that good when fully fit.

Spark

Global Moderator
Haha, I once suggested he was England's best. Got a fair shouting down that day.

Jacknife

International Captain
Haha, I once suggested he was England's best. Got a fair shouting down that day.
He's easily England's best one day pace bowler, Anderson has his days, but Broad takes wickets more consistently and that's why he has such good stats.
This topic reminds me of the Ashes when everyone was saying the same about the Aussie bowling, nothing like sport for hyperbole.

Spark

Global Moderator
Oh yeah but I think he's on par with Swann as a pure bowler but nips Swann in importance because he has the two most important jobs - new ball and death.

mrcheek

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
shouldnt this thread be closed after todays performance?

South Africa 165 all out.

I'd like to see any other bowling attack defend a score of 171 against South Africa. And dont say "oh, it was a poor wicket". England have played on 3 flat lifeless wickets so far, about time the bowlers had some help!

SCJ Broad 6.4 0 15 4 2.25

irottev

U19 Cricketer
It's still ****. A game where SA choked on a crap pitch changes nothing. The reason it's bad is because it's inconsistent which is 100% THE most important attribute in cricket. The fact that the bowlers can take wickets 1 game and then get pumped at 9 or 10 an over the next game means they're never going to win you enough games. In this world cup especially you need to perform on the flat pitches and England's bowling doesn't.

Most of SA's wickets they got themselves out because they choked.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Mate, you claimed Stuart Broad was equal to Tim Southee. You were wrong, eat it and choke on it.

irottev

U19 Cricketer
No I didn't. I never claimed that. Tim Southee is far superior. He's taken a 4fer before :S Big deal. 1 performance doesn't make Broad a good bowler. Typical pom though, 1 win and and of a sudden they're all out in force again going on about how great their side is.