• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Former Pakistani players want Warne investigated for match fixing?

Fusion

Global Moderator
If this is true, then I'm left speechless by how low Sarfaraz and Aamer Sohail can sink to.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
That is ridiculous. Really angers me, and it's disgracing the name of Pakistan.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Heard Aamir Sohail was also calling for an investigation into Benchmark's insidious animal *** life.

salman85

International Debutant
Whereas there is a very high,close to 100% probability that it was a fluke on Warne's part when he predicted the match,he does not have a clean history.Investigating the whole thing and making sure that there was no malpractice is the right thing to do,otherwise this issue will be raised in the future too.So why not put an end to it now?

I find nothing outrageous in Sohail and Sarfaraz's demands,even though the latter is a conspiracy theorist of the highest order.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Whereas there is a very high,close to 100% probability that it was a fluke on Warne's part when he predicted the match,he does not have a clean history.Investigating the whole thing and making sure that there was no malpractice is the right thing to do,otherwise this issue will be raised in the future too.So why not put an end to it now?

I find nothing outrageous in Sohail and Sarfaraz's demands,even though the latter is a conspiracy theorist of the highest order.
I said I wanted a tie. Am I to be investigated then?

You know, don't you, that Warne doesn't play international cricket any more?

Be funny were it true. Because it means India and England threw the result.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Quote from Sohail;

“When our (Pakistan) players are implicated in match-fixing on the smallest of pretext by the authorities of the game, then why has Warne’s prediction about the ‘tie’ not raised any eyebrows in the ICC?” he asked.
Really, Aamer? Really?

tbh, have heard Warnie predict a tie in games a few times over the years. Considering his pub game, no surprise he'd operate on the theory that if you use the same line over and over, eventually it'll work.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Why would Warne reveal his evil match fixing ways through a Twitter feed?

One of the worst articles ever. Creating a story based on nothing.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year

You're kidding right? Surely you're not suggesting that that game, played by two teams clearly giving 100% involved any fixing whatsoever, or is even worth investigating because of an off the cuff remark by a tv commentator? How is Warne's history even relevant, he had no outcome on the match? More relevant is the history of Tendulkar, Strauss and Dhoni. These guys are the ones actually affecting the result.

Besides if Warne REALLY knew what was going to happen he wouldn't broadcast it to the world. He would do what any shady human would do and quietly put a metric ton of money on a tie. Those are the hard figures that usually tip off authorities to these kinds of shenanigans.

Last edited:

salman85

International Debutant
Am i implying that Warne is guilty?No.

All i'm saying is that carry out a routine investigation,announce that there was no malpractice and lay the issue to rest.

The ICC has already gone through the match fixing shake recently,so why leave the lid on this open?Close it a.s.a.p and move on,or someone will bring it up in the future when something remotley similar happens.

Last edited:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Am i implying that Warne is guilty?No.

All i'm saying is that carry out a routine investigation,announce that there was no malpractice and lay the issue to rest.

The ICC has already gone through the match fixing shake recently,so why leave the lid on this open?Close it a.s.a.p and move on,or someone will bring it up in the future when something remotley similar happens.
It's not even an issue that the ICC should even consider. A pointless investigation will prove nothing and is a complete waste of resources.

Where do you draw the line? Warne predicts a tie. It happens. Another commentator predicts Malinga to take 5. It occurs. Someone predicts Australia to beat New Zealand with ease. Result.

Not worth any ICC involvement.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
It was equally ridiculous to read the claims of Watson/Haddin spot fixing the first 10 overs of the Zimbabwe match. A guy can't spend the first few overs of his innings getting his eye in without getting accused of spot fixing now? Very sad that cricket has been reduced to this.

joels344

U19 Debutant
Even though Warne no longer plays cricket, he still controls the results of every match via twitter. What power this man has.