• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 17 - Canada v Pakistan

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
Canada v Pakistan
Thu Mar 3

R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo
09:00 GMT | 14:30 local | 20:00 EST | 19:30 CST | 17:00 WST

Canada Squad

Ashish Bagai (captain/keeper), Rizwan Cheema, Harvir Baidwan, Balaji Rao, John Davison, Parth Desai, Tyson Gordon, Ruvindu Gunasekera, Jimmy Hansra, Khurram Chohan, Nitish Kumar, Henry Osinde, Hiral Patel, Zubin Surkari, Karl Whatham, Hamza Tariq

Pakistan Squad

Shahid Afridi (captain), Misbah-ul-Haq, Abdul Razzaq, Abdur Rehman, Ahmed Shehzad, Asad Shafiq, Junaid Khan, Kamran Akmal (wicketkeeper), Mohammad Hafeez, Saeed Ajmal, Shoaib Akhtar, Umar Akmal (wicketkeeper), Umar Gul, Wahab Riaz, Younis Khan

salman85

International Debutant
Expect to see a lot of changes.Maybe Shoaib and Gul will be rested to give Wahab and Junaid Khan a game.I'm pretty sure Ajmal will come in for Rehman,and hopefully he can put in a great performance.Also,i'd like to see Asad Shafique get a game,but i really don't know who he should replace.Dropping Misbah and Younis is out of the question,so maybe drop Shahzad,move Kamran up to open the innings,and leave the no.3 spot for Asad.

Howe_zat

Audio File
While I think Riaz especially deserves a game and Akhtar likely needs a rest, I'd be disappointed to see Pakistan make all those changes. I know Canada have been awful but come on, it's still a World Cup game.

salman85

International Debutant
I agree with that,but this is going to be the only game in the tournament where they can try out the bench.Shoaib should definitley be rested so he is fresh for the game after this.The other 2 can be avoided though,but i don't see that happening.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I think Pakistan will go with the following team

Hafiz
Shehzad
Kamran
Younis
Shafiq
Umar
Afridi
Razzaq
Ajmal
Wahab
Junaid

Misbah and Abdul Rahman will be rested because they have minor injuries (nothing to worry about, they will be OK by the next match).

Akhtar needs to be rested and so should be replaced by Junaid Khan. I think they will also replace Gul with Wahab.

Blaze 18

Banned
Misbah-ul-Haq and Shoaib Akhtar are likely to be rested according to cricinfo. Do they really need the rest, though ? There is quite a lengthy break between games for all teams. If the said players are carrying niggles, then I guess it's fair enough.

Last edited:

Fusion

Global Moderator
Misbah-ul-Haq and Shoaib Akhtar are likely to be rested according to cricinfo. Do they really need the rest, though ? There is quite a lengthy break between games for all teams. If the said players are carrying niggles, then I guess it's fair enough.
Misbah is resting an injury. Not sure about Shoaib though.

salman85

International Debutant
It's better not to risk Shoaib for this game.He has regained fitness,and should be given a rest whenever possible.There is always that hint of danger that he might collapse when you overplay him.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
It's better not to risk Shoaib for this game.He has regained fitness,and should be given a rest whenever possible.There is always that hint of danger that he might collapse when you overplay him.
This is what I think, but the problem is that he could lose all that momentum from the Sri Lankan game if we rest him.

Blaze 18

Banned
They are only playing a game every four-five days aren't they ?

Blaze 18

Banned
Nah. Pakistan's bowling attack is much better than England's, and Canada don't have the batsmen to pull off a decent chase (or set a good total). The only thing I am looking forward to is the possible Rizwan Cheema-Shoaib Akhtar battle. When the two sides last met in an international match, Rizwan made good on his promise to hit Akhtar for a six (I read this somewhere; haven't checked if it is true).

Last edited:

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Just hoping Canada can give a better showing than they have so far, I know how much work they are putting in back home and how hard they are trying the results have not been suggesting that, although the performance against England in the warm up game was encouraging!

salman85

International Debutant
Shahzad still looks pretty poor.I think if he doesn't get a decent score in this game he'll get axed for the next one.

salman85

International Debutant
Hafeez Gone :(

For anyone who's reading this thread and not posting,i am not ********,nor am i talking to myself. :ph34r: