• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 15 - England v Ireland

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BoyBrumby

Englishman
An unimpressive win for us is my guess. We'll stumble to 260-270 and Ireland will fall just short.

Dockrell is so dismissing KP tho.

Woodster

International Captain
As has been said already, some decent players in this Irish line-up, but naturally I'd be very disappointed if we don't register our second win of the tournament tomorrow.

Ed Joyce will obviously feel as though he has a point to prove, and players such as Rankin, Porterfield and Dockrell may wish to give the English selectors a nudge in terms of doing a Morgan in the future.

Howe_zat

Audio File
With respect to Porterfield, I seriously doubt he has much chance of playing for England.

Dockrell, on the other hand, certainly does. He'd likely to be ahead of Danny Briggs for selection purposes, and Briggs has toured with the Lions and performance squads for some time now.

Of course, this is all besides the point if neither of them want to play for England.

Woodster

International Captain
With respect to Porterfield, I seriously doubt he has much chance of playing for England.

Dockrell, on the other hand, certainly does. He'd likely to be ahead of Danny Briggs for selection purposes, and Briggs has toured with the Lions and performance squads for some time now.

Of course, this is all besides the point if neither of them want to play for England.
Yes I agree it's unlikely he'll get to play for England, but I'm sure he'll have ambitions to, or at least put himself in the frame. I don't intend to make out no-one wants to play for Ireland, just that playing for England obviously opens up the opportunity of Test cricket.

cricman

International 12th Man
If Ireland can get anything out of Rankin, I'll give them a good chance. Even if he doesn't perform, It'll still be a tough match for England.

Surely this has to be the Last Chance for Colly and Anderson right?

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Told my buddies I am throwing a party at my place, plus buying all the alcohol, if Ireland beats England.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Won't happen. Reckon KP is just about ready to burst with a huge ton.
Yeah, though he has been getting attractive 20s and 30s for a while without really going on with it, I get a feeling he's finally going to have a really good tournament. The opening partnership seems to be working well.

Spark

Global Moderator
Haha, then he plays a superb bent-knee square drive for none. Funny game sometimes.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That looked nasty, hope it isn't anywhere near as bad as it might be.

Great start by England. Keep going boys.