Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: indian bowling is horrible

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by salman85 View Post
    No it doesnt make up for it.Teams with strong bowling lineups are always better than teams with strong batting lineups.But yes,the tournament is wide open,that i agree with.
    I can see where you're coming from, but that's too much of an oversimplification. That probably holds true for tests more than ODIs.

Banned
    As regards India's bowling attack, I'd agree it is pretty poor. Even accounting for extenuating circumstances, its performance has been below average. However, l fully expect it to improve in the upcoming matches. Of course, they aren't going to become as good as Glenn McGrath and Shane Warne overnight, but you will definitely see an improved showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Prad100w View Post
    . Considering India's case in this WC, their batting is better than the SL batting side in 1996 and bowling is quite similar. On the whole, i agree that sides with the great bowling line up has dominated more.
    FIXED

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze 18 View Post
    I can see where you're coming from, but that's too much of an oversimplification. That probably holds true for tests more than ODIs.
    Agreed
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

School Boy/Girl Cricketer Somerset Chops's Avatar
    India's bowling is probably not as poor as it is made out to be,but is it enigmatic enough to defend a total like 150 for example?

The one bowler who can single handedly win matches for them is Harbhajan.Zaheer Khan has had a revival of fortunes off late,but despite that he is not a match winner IMO.I am a firm believer in the fact that a strong bowling lineup should have atleast one world class fast bowler,who can single handedly win you a game.And India don't have that bowler.Not Zaheer,Not Munaf.Not anyone in their world cup squad.

Australia have Lee and Johnson,South Africa have Steyn (Yes his ODI record isn't as impressive as his test record,but the man is still pure class),Pakistan have Gul and Shoaib.

Batting in this world cup won't be difficult.Plus,in the spinner friendly pitches would ensure that even a good spinner would look better than he actually is.The difference maker IMO,will be a match winning fast bowler.James Anderson can be dreamlike on his day,but that day has to be on helpful conditions.Otherwise he is going to get belted around,which he was in the last game.The fast bowler argument is why i think Pakistan,Australia and South Africa have the best attacks in the tournament.There isn't a lot to choose between them IMO.

If you're going to win a World Cup,you need match winning fast bowlers.Sweet and Simple.Thankyou for your participation India,Srilanka and England.
    Not even including today thats a huge fail.

International Debutant salman85's Avatar
    It's Kenya.Though yes,i did forget Malinga when i mentioned Srilanka.He definitley belongs up there with the Lees and Guls as a match winner.

It's Kenya.Though yes,i did forget Malinga when i mentioned Srilanka.He definitley belongs up there with the Lees and Guls as a match winner.
    tbf to Malinga he is a level above Gul and a level below Lee IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    FIXED
    Agreed
    Nah, SL batting line up of 1996 was not even close to the Indian one right now. Lot of teams like SAF, ENG, IND and AUS have better batting lineups than SL 1996. Only difference was that 14 out of 15 players in that squad were in form and about 5 -6 were close to the peak of their careers.

On bowling, SL bowling of 1996 is better than what India has today. Vaas, Murali, Jayasuriya and Dharmasena were very decent ODI bowlers even by then.
    Supporting players: Dinesh Chandimal, Roshen Silva, Kusal Janith, Nuwan Pradeep, Kasun Rajitha, Lahiru Kumara, Akila Dhananjaya, Dhananjaya de Silva

Cricket Spectator

Icon14 Young indian fast bowler

HEY GUYS......JUST SAW A DOMESTIC ONE DAY MATCH YESTERDAY PLAYED BETWEEN GUJARAT AND JHARKHAND IN THE FINALS OF THE Vijay hazare trophy.There is this young fast bowler from jharkhand named 'varun aaron' who was consistently clocking 145 km and beating the batsmen for sheer pace.He even bowled on e delivery at 155 kmph.This is indeed refreshing to see.Hope he does not go the munaf patel way.Hope nobody advices him 2 cut down on pace and go for line and length.He should just bowl fast and furious!!!!

i suspect you were paid

vcs
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend vcs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Migara View Post
    Nah, SL batting line up of 1996 was not even close to the Indian one right now. Lot of teams like SAF, ENG, IND and AUS have better batting lineups than SL 1996. Only difference was that 14 out of 15 players in that squad were in form and about 5 -6 were close to the peak of their careers.

On bowling, SL bowling of 1996 is better than what India has today. Vaas, Murali, Jayasuriya and Dharmasena were very decent ODI bowlers even by then.
    SL's bowling in '96 was definitely a cut above what India has. Fielding, far better.

Woah settle down there. No need to be making such blatantly provocative comments to a post made in jest.
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

Don't insult me.I have bookies and gangsters on MY payroll.
    Last edited by four_or_six; 05-03-2011 at 04:55 AM. Reason: quoting deleted post

Cricket Spectator
    How do people rate Indian spinners, including the ones not in the playing XI.Will they get into other non SC test/odi teams?

India plays a huge amount of cricket and makes one wonder if other teams have more time to work out Indian bowlers.

Harbhajan would most definitley get into every non-SC team in the world right now.He's quality,plus all other non-SC teams lack a world class spinner.They would take him in a heartbeat.

Cricket Spectator
    Harbajan blocks other spinners getting into the Indian team. To be more specific how about the other spinners compare to say Swan etc.,

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information