• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

indian bowling is horrible

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not really. Whatever the case he can just say "that wasn't a lower scoring turner."

Provided a terrific get-out clause there lol.
Doesn't matter how low and slow the pitch is, if you get it right at 150kph or thereabouts, you're always a chance.

smash84

The Tiger King
If you need to win the world cup every department of your team should be good enough. Pakistan, SA, Australia and SL have a good bowling line up. But except probably SA others will no way match the strong Indian batting line up. So virtually that makes up for it. Thats why this is such an open tournament. Every team has its strength and weaknesses. No way can predict one is gonna out do the other. Anything can happen in the knock out stages.
spot on

salman85

International Debutant
If you need to win the world cup every department of your team should be good enough. Pakistan, SA, Australia and SL have a good bowling line up. But except probably SA others will no way match the strong Indian batting line up. So virtually that makes up for it. Thats why this is such an open tournament. Every team has its strength and weaknesses. No way can predict one is gonna out do the other. Anything can happen in the knock out stages.
No it doesnt make up for it.Teams with strong bowling lineups are always better than teams with strong batting lineups.But yes,the tournament is wide open,that i agree with.

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
No it doesnt make up for it.Teams with strong bowling lineups are always better than teams with strong batting lineups.But yes,the tournament is wide open,that i agree with.
First of all, i am talking about this WC, not in general. Atleast in the sub continent it does. Prime example being Srilanka in the 1996 WC. Their bowling attack was just average compared to most of the other strong teams. But their batting was immensely strong. And that won them the world cup. Sure bowlers bowled well the odd day. But its quite obvious it was the batting which won it. Considering India's case in this WC, their batting is as good as the SL batting side in 1996 and bowling is quite similar. On the whole, i agree that sides with the great bowling line up has dominated more.

Last edited:

Blaze 18

Banned
I can see where you're coming from, but that's too much of an oversimplification. That probably holds true for tests more than ODIs.

Blaze 18

Banned
As regards India's bowling attack, I'd agree it is pretty poor. Even accounting for extenuating circumstances, its performance has been below average. However, l fully expect it to improve in the upcoming matches. Of course, they aren't going to become as good as Glenn McGrath and Shane Warne overnight, but you will definitely see an improved showing.

smash84

The Tiger King
. Considering India's case in this WC, their batting is better than the SL batting side in 1996 and bowling is quite similar. On the whole, i agree that sides with the great bowling line up has dominated more.
FIXED

I can see where you're coming from, but that's too much of an oversimplification. That probably holds true for tests more than ODIs.
Agreed

Somerset Chops

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
India's bowling is probably not as poor as it is made out to be,but is it enigmatic enough to defend a total like 150 for example?

The one bowler who can single handedly win matches for them is Harbhajan.Zaheer Khan has had a revival of fortunes off late,but despite that he is not a match winner IMO.I am a firm believer in the fact that a strong bowling lineup should have atleast one world class fast bowler,who can single handedly win you a game.And India don't have that bowler.Not Zaheer,Not Munaf.Not anyone in their world cup squad.

Australia have Lee and Johnson,South Africa have Steyn (Yes his ODI record isn't as impressive as his test record,but the man is still pure class),Pakistan have Gul and Shoaib.

Batting in this world cup won't be difficult.Plus,in the spinner friendly pitches would ensure that even a good spinner would look better than he actually is.The difference maker IMO,will be a match winning fast bowler.James Anderson can be dreamlike on his day,but that day has to be on helpful conditions.Otherwise he is going to get belted around,which he was in the last game.The fast bowler argument is why i think Pakistan,Australia and South Africa have the best attacks in the tournament.There isn't a lot to choose between them IMO.

If you're going to win a World Cup,you need match winning fast bowlers.Sweet and Simple.Thankyou for your participation India,Srilanka and England.
Not even including today thats a huge fail.

salman85

International Debutant
It's Kenya.Though yes,i did forget Malinga when i mentioned Srilanka.He definitley belongs up there with the Lees and Guls as a match winner.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
FIXED
Agreed
Nah, SL batting line up of 1996 was not even close to the Indian one right now. Lot of teams like SAF, ENG, IND and AUS have better batting lineups than SL 1996. Only difference was that 14 out of 15 players in that squad were in form and about 5 -6 were close to the peak of their careers.

On bowling, SL bowling of 1996 is better than what India has today. Vaas, Murali, Jayasuriya and Dharmasena were very decent ODI bowlers even by then.

kr.vikram

Cricket Spectator
Young indian fast bowler

HEY GUYS......JUST SAW A DOMESTIC ONE DAY MATCH YESTERDAY PLAYED BETWEEN GUJARAT AND JHARKHAND IN THE FINALS OF THE Vijay hazare trophy.There is this young fast bowler from jharkhand named 'varun aaron' who was consistently clocking 145 km and beating the batsmen for sheer pace.He even bowled on e delivery at 155 kmph.This is indeed refreshing to see.Hope he does not go the munaf patel way.Hope nobody advices him 2 cut down on pace and go for line and length.He should just bowl fast and furious!!!!

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah, SL batting line up of 1996 was not even close to the Indian one right now. Lot of teams like SAF, ENG, IND and AUS have better batting lineups than SL 1996. Only difference was that 14 out of 15 players in that squad were in form and about 5 -6 were close to the peak of their careers.

On bowling, SL bowling of 1996 is better than what India has today. Vaas, Murali, Jayasuriya and Dharmasena were very decent ODI bowlers even by then.
SL's bowling in '96 was definitely a cut above what India has. Fielding, far better.

Spark

Global Moderator
Woah settle down there. No need to be making such blatantly provocative comments to a post made in jest.

salman85

International Debutant
Don't insult me.I have bookies and gangsters on MY payroll.:dry:

Last edited by a moderator:

Striker

Cricket Spectator
How do people rate Indian spinners, including the ones not in the playing XI.Will they get into other non SC test/odi teams?

India plays a huge amount of cricket and makes one wonder if other teams have more time to work out Indian bowlers.

salman85

International Debutant
Harbhajan would most definitley get into every non-SC team in the world right now.He's quality,plus all other non-SC teams lack a world class spinner.They would take him in a heartbeat.

Striker

Cricket Spectator
Harbajan blocks other spinners getting into the Indian team. To be more specific how about the other spinners compare to say Swan etc.,