• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

indian bowling is horrible

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think India can win the WC with the attack they fielded last night. Their batting is awesome of course, but last night seriously demonstrated this babeh is wide open.

Seeing a lot of SL's batsmen have trouble with Akthar's pace was illuminating over the weekend too.

England I don't think are capable of winning it either.

Australia can't play spin in the middle order, and guys like White are too rocks and diamonds - they don't work ones well at all.

SA look well suited, but their temperament remains a huge question mark to me.

Pakistan are massively inconsistent but may come through and string some games together. If Akthar is fit, he's like a better Tait - provides that X factor and can knock anyone over.

NZ look horrible atm, and have for quite some time.

WI are very hit and miss for their part too. They have some blokes capable of posting massive scores on their days, but they had one recognised pace bowler in their last game ffs.

Seems to me this thing is as wide open as can be. It wil just be amatter of who gets it together from the QF onwards. I mean, it always does of course, but you can't really look at these teams, imho, and say there is a stand out side that's sufficiently well rounded in all respects to say "There goes the overwhelming favourite to win the sucker".

Makes for an interesting tourney imo.
Pretty much. I think SA could surprise a few people. They are going with 6 batsmen and 5 frontline bowlers (two of who can do a job with the bat). They will rely on Amla, AB and Kallis to get most of their runs but then they aren't the worst blokes to be relying on, going by their current form.

Bun

Banned
Indian and English bowling and fielding has been equally terrible in the world Cup so far.

Spark

Global Moderator
English fielding has been stunningly bad. Today was merely mediocre rather than bad but compared to two months ago it's shocking. What a few of our batsmen could've done with some fielding like that.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
India didn't bowl well, sure, but **** me England batted well for 40-odd overs. People shouldn't forget that. Strauss was immense.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah Strauss is a properly good ODI batsman nowadays. Not sure why people were seeing him as a liability, ever since the English summer last year he's been excellent. Only criticism is wasting starts on multiple occasions.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think India can win the WC with the attack they fielded last night. Their batting is awesome of course, but last night seriously demonstrated this babeh is wide open.

Seeing a lot of SL's batsmen have trouble with Akthar's pace was illuminating over the weekend too.

England I don't think are capable of winning it either.

Australia can't play spin in the middle order, and guys like White are too rocks and diamonds - they don't work ones well at all.

SA look well suited, but their temperament remains a huge question mark to me.

Pakistan are massively inconsistent but may come through and string some games together. If Akthar is fit, he's like a better Tait - provides that X factor and can knock anyone over.

NZ look horrible atm, and have for quite some time.

WI are very hit and miss for their part too. They have some blokes capable of posting massive scores on their days, but they had one recognised pace bowler in their last game ffs.

Seems to me this thing is as wide open as can be. It wil just be amatter of who gets it together from the QF onwards. I mean, it always does of course, but you can't really look at these teams, imho, and say there is a stand out side that's sufficiently well rounded in all respects to say "There goes the overwhelming favourite to win the sucker".

Makes for an interesting tourney imo.
Agree with this, as it stands at present no side looks favourite as they all have a pretty major flaw, still early days but at the moment you can't really call a winner with any confidence as all sides are having problems apart from pakistan but you can always rely on them to provide their own.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah, the pitches suck. They are absolute roads. Even the best will get hammered. It's time to prepare some rank turners. This is a sub continental tournement FFS.

Teja.

Global Moderator
South Africa, on paper, should walk this but then they're South Africa tbf.

It's between SA and Oz IMO.

India has a laughable bowling line-up and I doubt they'll make the semis tbh.

smash84

The Tiger King

As much as i usually under rate Pakistan their bowling attack is probably the best for this WC. I would put Pakistan ahead of SA. I would only decide about Aus once they play a non-minnow team.

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
India's bowling is not horrible. Its just ridiculously inconsistent. The same set of bowlers might perform really well in a different match. I think the match against England is a good wake up call for Indian bowlers. They just thought after scoring 338, game was in their bag. Bowlers were spraying down the leg side and bowling short. And fielding was a joke. I am happy that it came in the early stages of this tournament and i am sure they gonna do well in the remaining part of the tournament.

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer

How about Pakistan? They are gonna be the dark horses of this tournament. Terrific bowling unit. Decent batting side. Just that batting needs to be consistent. And after 2 Wc's of going out in the first round, You would feel they are due.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
As much as i usually under rate Pakistan their bowling attack is probably the best for this WC. I would put Pakistan ahead of SA. I would only decide about Aus once they play a non-minnow team.
Pakistan are playing their matches in Srilanka though.

Bowling there and in India can be completely different.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member

No way are either SA and Australia beating India on a lower scoring turner.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I don't rate Pak bowling as the best 3rd is the max you can give them Gul can have really off days Shoaib only shows flashes of brilliance the spinners I agree are good but there is no Murali or Swann among them had Aamer been there then they certainly would have been the best attack

salman85

International Debutant
India's bowling is probably not as poor as it is made out to be,but is it enigmatic enough to defend a total like 150 for example?

The one bowler who can single handedly win matches for them is Harbhajan.Zaheer Khan has had a revival of fortunes off late,but despite that he is not a match winner IMO.I am a firm believer in the fact that a strong bowling lineup should have atleast one world class fast bowler,who can single handedly win you a game.And India don't have that bowler.Not Zaheer,Not Munaf.Not anyone in their world cup squad.

Australia have Lee and Johnson,South Africa have Steyn (Yes his ODI record isn't as impressive as his test record,but the man is still pure class),Pakistan have Gul and Shoaib.

Batting in this world cup won't be difficult.Plus,in the spinner friendly pitches would ensure that even a good spinner would look better than he actually is.The difference maker IMO,will be a match winning fast bowler.James Anderson can be dreamlike on his day,but that day has to be on helpful conditions.Otherwise he is going to get belted around,which he was in the last game.The fast bowler argument is why i think Pakistan,Australia and South Africa have the best attacks in the tournament.There isn't a lot to choose between them IMO.

If you're going to win a World Cup,you need match winning fast bowlers.Sweet and Simple.

Thankyou for your participation India,Srilanka and England.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Not really. Whatever the case he can just say "that wasn't a lower scoring turner."

Provided a terrific get-out clause there lol.

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
India's bowling is probably not as poor as it is made out to be,but is it enigmatic enough to defend a total like 150 for example?

The one bowler who can single handedly win matches for them is Harbhajan.Zaheer Khan has had a revival of fortunes off late,but despite that he is not a match winner IMO.I am a firm believer in the fact that a strong bowling lineup should have atleast one world class fast bowler,who can single handedly win you a game.And India don't have that bowler.Not Zaheer,Not Munaf.Not anyone in their world cup squad.

Australia have Lee and Johnson,South Africa have Steyn (Yes his ODI record isn't as impressive as his test record,but the man is still pure class),Pakistan have Gul and Shoaib.

Batting in this world cup won't be difficult.Plus,in the spinner friendly pitches would ensure that even a good spinner would look better than he actually is.The difference maker IMO,will be a match winning fast bowler.James Anderson can be dreamlike on his day,but that day has to be on helpful conditions.Otherwise he is going to get belted around,which he was in the last game.The fast bowler argument is why i think Pakistan,Australia and South Africa have the best attacks in the tournament.There isn't a lot to choose between them IMO.

If you're going to win a World Cup,you need match winning fast bowlers.Sweet and Simple.

Thankyou for your participation India,Srilanka and England.
If you need to win the world cup every department of your team should be good enough. Pakistan, SA, Australia and SL have a good bowling line up. But except probably SA others will no way match the strong Indian batting line up. So virtually that makes up for it. Thats why this is such an open tournament. Every team has its strength and weaknesses. No way can predict one is gonna out do the other. Anything can happen in the knock out stages.