cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: indian bowling is horrible

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator View Post
    Haha, no I meant trying out the 5 bowlers theory. Plus I would certainly like to see what form Ashwin is in.
    I doubt Ashwin would fare any better than Chawla to be honest. Besides, the problem with picking him is that there is already an off spinner in the side in Harbhajan (two if you're counting part-timers). It would rob the attack of what little variety it has. He looked okay in the warm up match against New Zealand, though. Bowled reasonably well, I thought.

As regards the fifth bowler, it is going to be Yuvraj-Pathan. I don't think we have much of a choice, as Tendulkar and Sehwag cannot bowl. Maybe they should give Raina a go instead of Kohli and see how he goes with both bat and ball.

Yesterday wasn't awful.

Awful is conceding 84. In 5 overs.
    fade, made to fade
    passion's overrated anyway

forever 63*

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    India's bowling wasn't awful at any stage today, it was between ordinary and excellent.

Just that England batted so well against ordinary bowling for so long that at one stage they looked like conceding a huge total.
    Don't you dare try and give some credit to those English batters. If India had have bowled anything near good we'd have been rolled out for less than 150!
    http://batallday.blogspot.com/ - Cricket blog dedicated to domestic cricket.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    I don't think India can win the WC with the attack they fielded last night. Their batting is awesome of course, but last night seriously demonstrated this babeh is wide open.

Seeing a lot of SL's batsmen have trouble with Akthar's pace was illuminating over the weekend too.

England I don't think are capable of winning it either.

Australia can't play spin in the middle order, and guys like White are too rocks and diamonds - they don't work ones well at all.

SA look well suited, but their temperament remains a huge question mark to me.

Pakistan are massively inconsistent but may come through and string some games together. If Akthar is fit, he's like a better Tait - provides that X factor and can knock anyone over.

NZ look horrible atm, and have for quite some time.

WI are very hit and miss for their part too. They have some blokes capable of posting massive scores on their days, but they had one recognised pace bowler in their last game ffs.

Seems to me this thing is as wide open as can be. It wil just be amatter of who gets it together from the QF onwards. I mean, it always does of course, but you can't really look at these teams, imho, and say there is a stand out side that's sufficiently well rounded in all respects to say "There goes the overwhelming favourite to win the sucker".

Makes for an interesting tourney imo.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

ďThe modern conservative is engaged in one of manís oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    Priyanka Chopra is hot.

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Their pace bowling would make be a good minnow's 'A' attack.

And their fielding is worse than every minnow in the tournament. It's so crazy as to be baffling.
    Their fielding is worse than other minnows but still better than Pak. Although I must admit that this is hardly a consolation.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze 18 View Post
    I wonder if they should consider bringing in Ashish Nehra in place of the extra batsman. Might be worth a shot don't you think. I know it isn't going to happen, though. India have had this seven-four combination in ODIs for ages.
    Yes. Please bring in Ashish Nehra so that our draft team can get some points

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I don't think India can win the WC with the attack they fielded last night. Their batting is awesome of course, but last night seriously demonstrated this babeh is wide open.

Seeing a lot of SL's batsmen have trouble with Akthar's pace was illuminating over the weekend too.

Australia can't play spin in the middle order, and guys like White are too rocks and diamonds - they don't work ones well at all.

Pakistan are massively inconsistent but may come through and string some games together. If Akthar is fit, he's like a better Tait - provides that X factor and can knock anyone over.

WI are very hit and miss for their part too. They have some blokes capable of posting massive scores on their days, but they had one recognised pace bowler in their last game ffs.

Seems to me this thing is as wide open as can be. It wil just be amatter of who gets it together from the QF onwards. I mean, it always does of course, but you can't really look at these teams, imho, and say there is a stand out side that's sufficiently well rounded in all respects to say "There goes the overwhelming favourite to win the sucker".

Top quality post.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

vcs
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend vcs's Avatar

Pretty much. I think SA could surprise a few people. They are going with 6 batsmen and 5 frontline bowlers (two of who can do a job with the bat). They will rely on Amla, AB and Kallis to get most of their runs but then they aren't the worst blokes to be relying on, going by their current form.

Bun
    Banned
    Indian and English bowling and fielding has been equally terrible in the world Cup so far.

English fielding has been stunningly bad. Today was merely mediocre rather than bad but compared to two months ago it's shocking. What a few of our batsmen could've done with some fielding like that.

India didn't bowl well, sure, but **** me England batted well for 40-odd overs. People shouldn't forget that. Strauss was immense.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Yeah Strauss is a properly good ODI batsman nowadays. Not sure why people were seeing him as a liability, ever since the English summer last year he's been excellent. Only criticism is wasting starts on multiple occasions.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar

Agree with this, as it stands at present no side looks favourite as they all have a pretty major flaw, still early days but at the moment you can't really call a winner with any confidence as all sides are having problems apart from pakistan but you can always rely on them to provide their own.

Nah, the pitches suck. They are absolute roads. Even the best will get hammered. It's time to prepare some rank turners. This is a sub continental tournement FFS.
    Supporting players: Dinesh Chandimal, Roshen Silva, Kusal Janith, Nuwan Pradeep, Kasun Rajitha, Lahiru Kumara, Akila Dhananjaya, Dhananjaya de Silva

Cricket Champion!
    In terms of favourites for the WC, I'd say top 5:

SA > Aus > Pak = Ind = SL.
    ★★★★★

Banned
    I'd say top five :

Australia > India = Sri Lanka = Pakistan > South Africa

South Africa, on paper, should walk this but then they're South Africa tbf.

It's between SA and Oz IMO.

India has a laughable bowling line-up and I doubt they'll make the semis tbh.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information