• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 13 - Netherlands v West Indies

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
Netherlands v West Indies
Mon Feb 28

Feroz Shah Kotla, Delhi
09:00 GMT | 14:30 local | 20:00 EST | 19:30 CST | 17:00 WST

Netherlands Squad

Peter Borren (captain), Adeel Raja, Wesley Barresi (wicketkeeper), Mudassar Bukhari, Atse Buurman (wicketkeeper), Tom Cooper, Tom de Grooth, Alexei Kervezee, Bradley Kruger, Bernard Loots, Pieter Seelaar, Eric Szwarczynski, Ryan ten Doeschate, Berend Westdijk, Bas Zuiderent

West Indies Squad

Darren Sammy (captain), Sulieman Benn, Dwayne Bravo, Darren Bravo, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Kirk Edwards, Chris Gayle, Nikita Miller, Kieron Pollard, Ravi Rampaul, Kemar Roach, Andre Russell, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Devon Smith, Devon Thomas (wicketkeeper)

Last edited:

Mike5181

International Captain
Depends on if RTD and Cooper play as well as their averages really. If they can post a similar score to what they posted against England anything is possible.

Stapel

International Regular
Onbeforehand, I figured we had to beat either England or WI, to have a chance to advance. I don't think we stand a chance against either India or SA....

The WI attack is probably not good enough to restrict the Dutch to a typical minnow score of 150 or less. We have a decent batting line-up, so 250 is, imho, a score we could and should make!

The problem is that we lack the bowlers to calm down the Windies. We don't have a Steyn to trap Pollard LBW first ball! Windies may very well tear our bowlers apart.

Mike5181

International Captain
I wish Dirk Nannes was playing for the Netherlands. It would be a much harder team to beat if they could strengthen their bowling a bit.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
West Indies are my 2nd favourite team after India (I am half West Indian) this is a match we should and probably will win easily although Ryan is a very dangerous player, cant help but feel the Dutch had their moment against England.

shivfan

Banned
I wish Dirk Nannes was playing for the Netherlands. It would be a much harder team to beat if they could strengthen their bowling a bit.
That is the fate of some of the Associates, unfortunately....

Their good players will be poached by the Test playing countries, i.e. Nannes and Australia, and Ireland and England.

THis is the team I would like to see the WIndies put out:

1) Gayle
2) Smith
3) Lil Bravo
4) Sarwan
5) Chanderpaul
6) Pollard
7) Thomas
8) Sammy
9) Russell
10) Benn
11) Roach

Howe_zat

Audio File
With Benn opening the bowling and Bishoo on his way out, it seems the windies are going to be putting some more faith in their spinners. I'd expect to see Miller come in today.

shivfan

Banned
Good call....

Netherlands team
AN Kervezee, W Barresi†, TLW Cooper, RN ten Doeschate, B Zuiderent, TN de Grooth, PW Borren*, Mudassar Bukhari, PM Seelaar, BP Loots, BA Westdijk
West Indies team
CH Gayle, DS Smith, DM Bravo, RR Sarwan, S Chanderpaul, KA Pollard, DJG Sammy*, NO Miller, DC Thomas†, KAJ Roach, SJ Benn

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
That is the fate of some of the Associates, unfortunately....

Their good players will be poached by the Test playing countries, i.e. Nannes and Australia, and Ireland and England.
Haha, I always have to laugh at posts like this about Nannes. It's not like a Morgan/Joyce situation; the bloke was born in Victoria, lived there all his life and learnt his cricket there. He qualifies for the Netherlands through heritage; nothing more. It'd make the World Cup more interesting if he was playing for them so I wish he was but it's hardly a farce that it isn't; he's Australian.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Borren's decision to field first looking increasingly weird. You'd think the Netherlands would rather play to their strengths.

shivfan

Banned
Haha, I always have to laugh at posts like this about Nannes. It's not like a Morgan/Joyce situation; the bloke was born in Victoria, lived there all his life and learnt his cricket there. He qualifies for the Netherlands through heritage; nothing more. It'd make the World Cup more interesting if he was playing for them so I wish he was but it's hardly a farce that it isn't; he's Australian.
But the point is that he chose to play for Holland, and when he had a good run for them, Australia suddenly reclaimed him....
:cool:
Hardly helps the development of the Associates if they're conveniently used and discarded like this, does it?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Not that I disagree, but that's not quite a straight example. Hard to see where Morgan and Joyce would be as cricketers without county cricket.