View Poll Results: Who will win the match?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Netherlands

1 16.67%
  • West Indies

5 83.33%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Match 13 - Netherlands v West Indies

Banned
    Devon is in a hurry....

Borren's decision to field first looking increasingly weird. You'd think the Netherlands would rather play to their strengths.
    'It seems that perfection is attained, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away.'

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Haha, I always have to laugh at posts like this about Nannes. It's not like a Morgan/Joyce situation; the bloke was born in Victoria, lived there all his life and learnt his cricket there. He qualifies for the Netherlands through heritage; nothing more. It'd make the World Cup more interesting if he was playing for them so I wish he was but it's hardly a farce that it isn't; he's Australian.
    But the point is that he chose to play for Holland, and when he had a good run for them, Australia suddenly reclaimed him....

Hardly helps the development of the Associates if they're conveniently used and discarded like this, does it?

If they bowled like this vs Eng they would have won

Haha, I always have to laugh at posts like this about Nannes. It's not like a Morgan/Joyce situation; the bloke was born in Victoria, lived there all his life and learnt his cricket there. He qualifies for the Netherlands through heritage; nothing more. It'd make the World Cup more interesting if he was playing for them so I wish he was but it's hardly a farce that it isn't; he's Australian.
    Not that I disagree, but that's not quite a straight example. Hard to see where Morgan and Joyce would be as cricketers without county cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by shivfan View Post
    But the point is that he chose to play for Holland, and when he had a good run for them, Australia suddenly reclaimed him....

Hardly helps the development of the Associates if they're conveniently used and discarded like this, does it?
    He was hardly "poached" though - he'd made it well known that he wanted to play for Australia, and unlike someone like Joyce, he's a lot more Australian than he is Dutch. If anything he was poached by Holland for a little while until he was rightly claimed by the country he grew up supporting and the country whose cricket system got him where he was. Holland were under no illusions as to his intentions when they picked him.

If there is an injustice here (and I'm not necessarily saying there is), it's him playing for Holland in the first place.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Set him up with the inswingers, gets the edge with the straight one, not taken. Unlucky.
    Exit pursuing a beer

Get some ****ing runs Gayle
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Banned
    He was hardly "poached" though - he'd made it well known that he wanted to play for Australia, and unlike someone like Joyce, he's a lot more Australian than he is Dutch. If anything he was poached by Holland for a little while until he was rightly claimed by the country he grew up supporting and the country whose cricket system got him where he was. Holland were under no illusions as to his intentions when they picked him.

If there is an injustice here (and I'm not necessarily saying there is), it's him playing for Holland in the first place.
    This is where I prefer FIFA's ruling, which protects weaker teams (Holland, Ireland) from being poached by bigger teams (England, Australia). In football, once you choose an international team, you can't play for another.

Quote Originally Posted by shivfan View Post
    This is where I prefer FIFA's ruling, which protects weaker teams (Holland, Ireland) from being poached by bigger teams (England, Australia). In football, once you choose an international team, you can't play for another.
    This would only weaken minnows in cricket IMO; it'd discourage the likes of Cooper, Nannes, Joyce, Morgan, RtD etc from playing for minnows in the first place. They'd just hold out.

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Gayle's looking like a man in desperate need of a Quarter Pounder out there.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wellAlbidarned View Post
    He's playing the sheet anchor to Devon....

Devon doesn't like running.

Gayle struggling big time

Quote Originally Posted by wellAlbidarned View Post
    Needs those KFC Big Bash bowlers.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information