• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 12 - Canada v Zimbabwe

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
Canada v Zimbabwe
Mon Feb 28

Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium, Jamtha, Nagpur
04:00 GMT | 09:30 local | 15:00 EST | 14:30 CST | 12:00 WST

Canada Squad

Ashish Bagai (captain/keeper), Rizwan Cheema, Harvir Baidwan, Balaji Rao, John Davison, Parth Desai, Tyson Gordon, Ruvindu Gunasekera, Jimmy Hansra, Khurram Chohan, Nitish Kumar, Henry Osinde, Hiral Patel, Zubin Surkari, Karl Whatham, Hamza Tariq

Zimbabwe Squad

Elton Chigumbura (captain), Regis Chakabva, Charles Coventry, Graeme Cremer, Terry Duffin, Craig Ervine, Greg Lamb, Shingirai Masakadza, Chris Mpofu, Tinashe Panyangara, Ray Price, Tatenda Taibu (wicketkeeper), Brendan Taylor, Prosper Utseya, Sean Williams

Howe_zat

Audio File
Will be interesting to see what happens to the Canadian top four. They've been totally unable to cope with top pace bowling so far, but Zimbabwe will be bowling three spinners and the offcutting Mpofu at them. Maybe they'll do a lot better against spin.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Rizwan Cheema has to bat higher up the order.
You took the words out of my mouth, he is the stand out player for Canada he has hd some superb cameos against the world's best bowlers why would Canada put him so low as 7 against Sri Lanka, he needs to bat ideally in the top 3 at worst 4, Canada can certainly win this match, and I will be pulling for them!

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Zimbo batting first, that might be dangerous. Could see them collapsing, but I guess we'll find out.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Craig Ervine has treated us to a masterclass in how to play beautiful cover drives ball after ball without scoring any runs.

Quaggas

State Captain
Go Zim go!

Chohan looks a little like he's having difficulty adjusting to the temperature differential, or something.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Cricinfo said:
Naweed: "Its true Canada is a hard Ice Hockey country. I'm watching scores at Cricinfo at work "Drilling Rig" and informed my other colleagues about this game and first response I got was... W**? (LOL)
:laugh:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
To me so far it looks like Canada and Kenya should probably not be present at the tournament, while the other minnows should. Thus leaving 12 teams, which most seem to think is optimal.

Of course should really withhold judgment until end of tournament - who knows if Canada or Kenya on their day might play like the Netherlands did against England, while the Netherlands are probably due a shellacking from someone.