• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 11 - India v England

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Woodster

International Captain
Another one, along with SL and Pakistan tomorrow, that promises to be an absolute cracker. Rumours of Yardy possibly coming in, not sure I'd be in full agreement of that move.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India comfortably tbh.

If they conceded ~300 against Netherlands, what will India do to their attack?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
India will be bowled out for around 150.

We'll chase it in 48 overs and win by half a wicket.

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
england's batsman have to fire bigtime and one probably has to get a huge score, and india's brilliant batting lineup will have to have one of their really bad days, for england to have a chance in this.

Not too sure about England's pace attack effectiveness in these conditions- bresnan is mediocre, broad bowled with no discipline other night, and anderson looked innocuous. India wont have a problem with swann. Like i said, something will have to go awry, and india will have to have a poor day (which is possible)

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
tip:
if ind bat first:
350/7
england 200 ao

if eng bat first:
250-260
india will reach that with 5 wickets to spare, in comfortable time.

sudhindra9

School Boy/Girl Captain
England are on any day a better batting and a better bowling team than India. Batting is the only department where India look better. But if Kevin fires then no batting line up would be good enough.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
England are on any day a better batting and a better bowling team than India. Batting is the only department where India look better. But if Kevin fires then no batting line up would be good enough.
I really don't agree with your last line. Kevin, imo, is not going to be the guy to win you the game. If you win it will be because of your bowlers. Whatever Kevin puts on the table can be chased by India if your bowlers have an off day. Broad hold the key for me.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
tip:
if ind bat first:
350/7
england 200 ao

if eng bat first:
250-260
india will reach that with 5 wickets to spare, in comfortable time.
Logically, and going by England's recent history in India, this seems fair enough. But, it's the World Cup, so anything can happen.

Waterboy has a magnificent record against England in all formats, seems to love playing them. Hope he comes to the party.

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
Wicket will be crucial. Bangalore generally has a bit of pace in the wicket. I am sure Broad and co would be looking to dish out a few short ones up around the throat at the Indian batsmen.

salman85

International Debutant
I have a feeling Tendulkar will get a ton here.I don't see India losing this game,or losing any group game TBH.They'll qualify for the QFs with a 100% record IMO.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Do not collapse, India. Do not collapse and definitely pick two spinners. Do not collapse; pick two spinners and we can show the English how cricket is supposed to be played.