• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 11 - India v England

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

akilana

International 12th Man
England were without their best batsman and bowler.. They had an off day today ( except for Strauss, Bell and Bres) but they still managed to match India's efforts. This is an ominous sign to other teams.:cool:

Wow you tie one game against us in ages, and all of a sudden you're mouthing off. Just look at the recent ODI records between both teams, England were getting spanked left, right and centre against us before this match. We might not be number 1, but look where you're ranked, and where we're ranked.

Plus I did not take any credit away from England in this match, I admit they played superbly. And should walk away as the happier team. But I'll say it time and again, they are a rubbish ODI side, they haven't put up consistent performances for me to change that view. I am entitled to my opinion, and you're entitled to yours.

In fact, you know what, let's just wait till the end of the WC and see where England end up, and where India ends up. If India doesn't make it further than England, I'll be more than happy to eat my words.
OMG, AWATA. Can we get married again? We're soulmates :ph34r:

akilana

International 12th Man
And we do accept other teams go okay, just not your team (for more than a match here or there). You want to talk rankings? Look at your (pathetic) ranking. We're the number 2 ranked team, playing at home. I think that is reasonable reason to be confident. Patronising? well maybe that's what England get for not giving a flying toss about ODI's for years. I mean, you win in Australia against a ****e team for the first time in bloody 20 years, and you dont even try for the next 7 international matches. Same with the series in England. Ofcourse people think you're **** in ODIs. You've done nothing in that format of any consistency. Just accept it!!!!!
Just accept that you couldn't beat a team that does nothing in the format.

Jacknife

International Captain
Mate, India don't even play a test nation again for TWO WEEKS. By that time, this match will be a mere afterthought. I will reserve judgment till after we play West Indies and Safrica. The fact is, England played well above themselves. People rank them lowly, and rightfully so given their results, but they are a team with quality players, and when they actually give a toss about an ODI match they can match it with the best. This whole "if they conceded 339 to England, what will they do against South Africa and Aus?" line is rubbish. On any given day, ANYBODY can play well- Strauss is as good an opener as anyone in World Cricket, and Bell is high class as well. They played well in colored clothing for once..SO WHAT? that has always been the nature of ODI cricket. England wont repeat a batting performance like that in this tournament against a Test team. They will go back to their usual self soon- mark my words.

What did Indian fans expect? Munaf to run through the top order? Bowling was always a weakness. Doesn't mean we won't win the World Cup, or get close. Every other team has flaws too, and the fact that our batsmen UNDERPERFORMED is ominous for everyone else. We could've gotten 360, and then the story could have been completely different, with England seriously having to slog from the start.

I will reserve judgment for the next 2 weeks.
What results are those, the fact we've lost 2 series in 2 years, those being the 2 at the end of the Ashes and I think England have being taking ODi's very seriously since Flower became coach. Do you even watch England cricket? Coming out with crap like 'They played well in colored clothing for once..SO WHAT?' hardly once is it sherlock, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Just accept that you couldn't beat a team that does nothing in the format.
Done. I accept it 100%. We could not beat a poor ODI team in a crucial day 6 World cup match at home. In our backyard. In our Hometown. Infront of 30 000 adoring fans. With 339 on the board.

Feel better? Hope you do, because your team will most likely go back to doing nothing in the format, soon. Hope you got a slice of satisfaction that you tied with a quality team.

What results are those, the fact we've lost 2 series in 2 years, those being the 2 at the end of the Ashes and I think England have being taking ODi's very seriously since Flower became coach. Do you even watch England cricket? Coming out with crap like 'They played well in colored clothing for once..SO WHAT?' hardly once is it sherlock, but hey, whatever floats your boat.
They wanted to get on a plane to England with about 2 ODIs left in Australia. Hardly reeks of desire and professionalism.

Tom 1972

School Boy/Girl Captain
I didn't see the game, but wow - what a result!

I think that while India's bowling and fielding has been widely criticised, at least they didn't concede 7 wides and 5 no balls. (just the 3 wides from India)

Such a strong batting lineup and you bowl an extra 1-2 overs to India? Puts you 10-15 preventable runs behind from the get-go no matter how many runs the poor Indian fielding might concede.

There is not that much difference between the top sides on any given day - this sort of poor discipline could make the difference in the close games - probably did today.

(My Aussies are among the worst offenders in terms of wides & NBs :down:)