• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 11 - India v England

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What can india do about it's bowling?
Zaheer
Harbhajan
Munaf
Chawla
and who the hell else?
Ashwin
Nehra
Sreesanth

--can someone break sreesanths arm so we can get praveen back in the team?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who thinks batting became easier in the 2nd innings? Bowl seemed to be not coming on the bat when India was batting.
Felt that way TBH. Became a bit easier to play spin IMO. But if we had a decent strike pace bowler, I think he would have done well under lights.

Blaze 18

Banned
Who thinks batting became easier in the 2nd innings? Bowl seemed to be not coming on the bat when India was batting.
Both Dhoni and Zaheer said it flatted out a touch in the second innings. Still, A.Strauss and the other English batsmen were just amazing today. They were helped by some shoddy bowling and fielding, sheer idiocy (not appealing), etc, but that shouldn't detract from how brilliant England were.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Felt that way TBH. Became a bit easier to play spin IMO. But if we had a decent strike pace bowler, I think he would have done well under lights.
Really? Swann got smashed worse than Harbajhan or Chawla. Maybe you could put that down to Tendulkar but I think it was just a flat pitch allround.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I am happy with the result in that this is a wake-up call for India, tieing against (what I still think is a) rubbish England ODI unit.

It's obviously that our bowling needs to improve, and this game has helped emphasize that fact. And, mark my words, I still believe we will beat South Africa and top this group. And then expect to face NZL in the quarters. England batting was pretty much a one man show, and he won't click every time. Hence, I still believe they're a rubbish team for the most part, but have certainly put up a very good performance today.

EDIT: Plus, had the UDRS gone our way, this would've been our game.
Hey Turb, next time you get all precious about someone calling Indian fans wankers, think about posts like these. Under lights we've just hit 338 against you in your home. One man show? How does your innings go without Tendulkar?

Until you guys start accepting that other teams go okay you will be the most hated team around. You're not even ranked 1 in ODIs, the arrogance is misplaced. Seriously, **** off. Your post is patronising and wrong.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Don't know who'll be happy here.

England should be please that they got that close to 338...but there are two downsides in that a) They conceded that much to begin with and b) They were set to win the game easily but collapsed. On a smaller note, the lower order rallying in the final few overs turned a losing cause into a tie, which is a positive thing.

As for India, scoring 338 is great, but it could have been higher, given how they collapsed near the end and failed in the batting powerplay. Then the bowling sucked, totally, until England's batting powerplay where Zak turned things around. Pulling the game back from their was quite impressive, turning a losing situation into a winning one, but then to let it slip for a tie would have been disappointing again.

I guess England should be the most pleased out of this. They were the underdogs afterall. India have a lot of work to do to justify their tag as favourites to win the WC.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Hey Turb, next time you get all precious about someone calling Indian fans wankers, think about posts like these. Under lights we've just hit 338 against you in your home. One man show? How does your innings go with Tendulkar?

Until you guys start accepting that other teams go okay you will be the most hated team around. You're not even ranked 1 in ODIs, the arrogance is misplaced. Seriously, **** off. Your post is patronising and wrong.
Wow you tie one game against us in ages, and all of a sudden you're mouthing off. Just look at the recent ODI records between both teams, England were getting spanked left, right and centre against us before this match. We might not be number 1, but look where you're ranked, and where we're ranked.

Plus I did not take any credit away from England in this match, I admit they played superbly. And should walk away as the happier team. But I'll say it time and again, they are a rubbish ODI side, they haven't put up consistent performances for me to change that view. I am entitled to my opinion, and you're entitled to yours.

In fact, you know what, let's just wait till the end of the WC and see where England end up, and where India ends up. If India doesn't make it further than England, I'll be more than happy to eat my words.

Bun

Banned
Well played England! India almost managed to which they didn't deserve.

Backing England to go to last four.

Blaze 18

Banned
:laugh:

If an India-England match can get people this worked up, I shudder to think what is going to happen after an Australia vs England match, or an India vs Pakistan match.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Wow you tie one game against us in ages, and all of a sudden you're mouthing off. Just look at the recent ODI records between both teams, England were getting spanked left, right and centre against us before this match. We might not be number 1, but look where you're ranked, and where we're ranked.

Plus I did not take any credit away from England in this match, I admit they played superbly. And should walk away as the happier team. But I'll say it time and again, they are a rubbish ODI side, they haven't put up consistent performances for me to change that view. I am entitled to my opinion, and you're entitled to yours.

In fact, you know what, let's just wait till the end of the WC and see where England end up, and where India ends up. If India doesn't make it further than England, I'll be more than happy to eat my words.
How about an avatar bet for life, with a pic of GIMH choosing?:ph34r:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't know who'll be happy here.

England should be please that they got that close to 338...but there are two downsides in that a) They conceded that much to begin with and b) They were set to win the game easily but collapsed. On a smaller note, the lower order rallying in the final few overs turned a losing cause into a tie, which is a positive thing.

As for India, scoring 338 is great, but it could have been higher, given how they collapsed near the end and failed in the batting powerplay. Then the bowling sucked, totally, until England's batting powerplay where Zak turned things around. Pulling the game back from their was quite impressive, turning a losing situation into a winning one, but then to let it slip for a tie would have been disappointing again.

I guess England should be the most pleased out of this. They were the underdogs afterall. India have a lot of work to do to justify their tag as favourites to win the WC.
Of course we're the most pleased, we came into this match without our best one-day bowler, a poor performance against Holland, a disaster against oz in the preceding series, terrible record against India in India.

Yeah we were cruising at one point, but no real England fan thought it was over, we're used to this ****.

In the end, we can bowl and field a lot better then we have in the first two games, so we can improve.

Shri

Mr. Glass

If an India-England match can get people this worked up, I shudder to think what is going to happen after an Australia vs England match, or an India vs Pakistan match.
Nothing at all. India will smash Pakistan so hard it will be pointless having a debate about the game.:cool:

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
I see no reason why on current form Pakistan couldn't beat India and vice versa.

On the day any of these teams are capable of winning, there's a bit too much meta-discussion going on here.

Teja.

Global Moderator

Nah, On CW, Eng-Aus is basically banter in jest and there are very few Pak posters and all of them are too nice to cause a fight. It's Ind vs Eng and Ind vs Oz that are the real CW rivalries IMO. Completely different IRL obv.

Can't ****ing wait for the England test series.