• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 11 - India v England

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Is it actually a rule? Might be some sort of guideline that Hawkeye is less reliable when the ball has further to travel, but I'm dubious as to it being actually written down as a law as such.

In any event it wasn't just clipping leg, it was hitting half way up middle.
Has to be a rule,otherwise there is no reason for this decision at all.

I think if it strikes 2.5m down the line then it is back to the umpires call according to it.

But what i don't get is -

1)Having seen the replay on the big screen ,why can't Bowden change his call when it is clear to even Bell that he was out?:laugh:

And more importantly-

2)If Bowden is only in doubt about whether it hit outside off and the line of the ball,then how does it matter if the ball hit 2.5 meter out or not ,when it was not even marginal?
Having learned that hit in line and did not hit the bat , surely his original call gets changed?:wacko:

Blaze 18

Banned
More than the third umpire's moronic call, it is the catch that they didn't appeal for that's going to hurt India. This game is England's to lose at the moment. Come on India, knock the captain over.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
great over from Yuvi need more overs like that just a few singles no boundaries put the pressure back on them

Teja.

Global Moderator
Friend's giving me 10/4 odds if I bet on an England win. In.

Putting another 200 rs on this, Hope I can make back most of what I lost today with this.

dfx-

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
It shouldn't affect use of UDRS...since if it wasn't in place, it wouldn't have been out either.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
TBF to Nasser he's laying into Bowden and Tucker for the Bell NO. Rightly so.

Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater tho; original decision was not out so UDRS hasn't made it any wronger, just (bafflingly) didn't overturn the initial error.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
I mean, ok there are guidlines you need to follow, but sometimes common sense should just take over. Nasser 100% right here.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Put a bit on England at the end of the Indian innings when they were paying $7. Feeling pretty good about it now.

Shri

Mr. Glass
TBF to Nasser he's laying into Bowden and Tucker for the Bell NO. Rightly so.

Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater tho; original decision was not out so UDRS hasn't made it any wronger, just (bafflingly) didn't overturn the initial error.
Which apparently is what the UDRS is there for.:p