• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 11 - India v England

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
England to win by 80 runs if they bat first and 6 wickets if second. They have a fantastic, underrated ODI bowling attack IMO.
Genuine :laugh: at this post. Sorry Teja.

But I can't tell if this post is in jest, or you're being serious. Ridiculous really to even think England stand a chance, this isn't test cricket.

Bun

Banned
Whatever India's over-rated hacks put up, England should comfortabl chase down. Bangladesh took 289 off them without trying ffs.
I'd agree that Indian bowlers are hacks. Not sure though they're overrated. But calling their batting lineup overrated, particularly they put up a 375 run total against a not so hopeless bowling attack is a bit rich.

Somerset Chops

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
England to win it comfortably.. 5 wicktets for Broad
Hello.....I agree with this , Strauss and KP to put on a 150 plus opening stand against Indias average attack with Strauss tonning up.

Broad and Swann 7 wickets between them job done.

Woodster

International Captain
Genuine :laugh: at this post. Sorry Teja.

But I can't tell if this post is in jest, or you're being serious. Ridiculous really to even think England stand a chance, this isn't test cricket.
I would suggest it's ridiculous to think they don't have a chance.

India will rightly start as favourites, but we have the players capable of ensuring this is very competitive.

Woodster

International Captain
i just dont think they know how to bowl in these conditions. And anderson has looked poor for the last few odi's he has played. And also judging on that 5-0 drubbing we gave you recently when you were here. And your 6-1 loss to aus (recent form).

In terms of the score difference, it represents the difference between india's poor and good days. when india is focussed, tthey dont just post a good total, they go nuts. I think they'll be focussed in thsi match
This is a skilful group of bowlers who did not do thereselves justice against Holland. They are much improved from 2008, and tbf most of them missed the Australia ODI series, that were played in totally different conditions to what will be in store tomorrow.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I would suggest it's ridiculous to think they don't have a chance.

India will rightly start as favourites, but we have the players capable of ensuring this is very competitive.
You're right, I did come off as a bit condescending.

But I'll be honest, I just don't see England being competitive against this Indian side in home conditions. And nor do I like faking it either, I can't be diplomatic and force myself to believe that England will put up a competitive effort. It's just hard for me to fathom.

Imo England lacks big hitters, and I'm expecting the spinners to bog down England's batsmen in the middle overs.

Woodster

International Captain
You're right, I did come off as a bit condescending.

But I'll be honest, I just don't see England being competitive against this Indian side in home conditions. And nor do I like faking it either, I can't be diplomatic and force myself to believe that England will put up a competitive effort. It's just hard for me to fathom.

Imo England lacks big hitters, and I'm expecting the spinners to bog down England's batsmen in the middle overs.
:laugh: that's fine mate. I completely understand where you're coming from with regards our lack of boundary hitters, perhaps in the lower middle order. Also our troubles against slow bowlers in these conditions are indeed a worry. If you don't think we can compete with India, that's fair enough, but personally reckon we have more than a punchers chance.

I do see that as a crucial outcome for the game - the way we play the slow bowlers, hope we're proactive and positive and don't just sit in and try and tick it over because we don't do it effectively enough. Let's take it to them and try and upset their rhythm and their plans. Not easy though for sure.

Also with the ball, we bowled a number of short balls and back of a length deliveries against Holland, when perhaps we should have bowled more balls at the stumps. Tomorrow I reckon the likes of Sehwag will get peppered with shortish stuff, especially from Broad.

cricpk

U19 12th Man
I voted for India but you can't negate the possibility of an English victory as well. Overall for me 70-30 in India's favour.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Logically, and going by England's recent history in India, this seems fair enough. But, it's the World Cup, so anything can happen.

Waterboy has a magnificent record against England in all formats, seems to love playing them. Hope he comes to the party.
Can't wait to see him bowl to Pietersen. :p

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Hi Guys

I am new here as you can tell :P

seems like a great forum so wanted to join you, I was actually born and raised in England to an Indian father and a West Indian mother, but have always been a loyal Indian fan and will remain loyal tomorrow.

I am expecting a very tough match though, tougher than a lot of people are predicting, England have proven themselves to be big match players, look at the Ashes and the T20 world cup.

IMHO playing Yardy would be a big mistake I am far more concerned about Bopara down the order.

I am hoping that we drop Sreesanth and play Ashwin who was superb for CSK in the IPL.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh: that's fine mate. I completely understand where you're coming from with regards our lack of boundary hitters, perhaps in the lower middle order. Also our troubles against slow bowlers in these conditions are indeed a worry. If you don't think we can compete with India, that's fair enough, but personally reckon we have more than a punchers chance.

I do see that as a crucial outcome for the game - the way we play the slow bowlers, hope we're proactive and positive and don't just sit in and try and tick it over because we don't do it effectively enough. Let's take it to them and try and upset their rhythm and their plans. Not easy though for sure.

Also with the ball, we bowled a number of short balls and back of a length deliveries against Holland, when perhaps we should have bowled more balls at the stumps. Tomorrow I reckon the likes of Sehwag will get peppered with shortish stuff, especially from Broad.
Good analysis, I agree with you for the most part. Except I don't see the strategy of bowling short to Indian batsmen, on these pitches, being nearly as effective. Which is one of the reasons why Raina has been so successful in home conditions, but rubbish away.

Gambhir to score big tomorrow, I feel.

Hi Guys

seems like a great forum so wanted to join you, I was actually born and raised in England to an Indian father and a West Indian mother, but have always been a loyal Indian fan and will remain loyal tomorrow.
Not only did you pick the right team to support, but also the right forum. Welcome :)

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Good analysis, I agree with you for the most part. Except I don't see the strategy of bowling short to Indian batsmen, on these pitches, being nearly as effective. Which is one of the reasons why Raina has been so successful in home conditions, but rubbish away.

Not only did you pick the right team to support, but also the right forum. Welcome :)
Thank you so much for the wonderful welcome! great to be here! :):)

How do you see the match going, am actually pretty confident, just do not want us to be too complacent, but I do think it is all about us. as long as we play to our best we will win.

Tommorrow I am playing cricket in the nets with a few English friends and supporters then going to watch the game atmosphere should be great, hopefully I can spoil their party ;)

Woodster

International Captain

Bangalore does possess enough pace and bounce to employ such a tactic though, if reports on the pitch's appearance are correct. There has been some inclement weather around which may give it a bit more spice.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant

Btw is it too late to join up INDIAS team with you guys for the forum world cup? :P

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
:Also with the ball, we bowled a number of short balls and back of a length deliveries against Holland, when perhaps we should have bowled more balls at the stumps. Tomorrow I reckon the likes of Sehwag will get peppered with shortish stuff, especially from Broad.
And you got smashed. Learn your lesson IMO. :p

Woodster

International Captain
Hi Guys

I am expecting a very tough match though, tougher than a lot of people are predicting, England have proven themselves to be big match players, look at the Ashes and the T20 world cup.

IMHO playing Yardy would be a big mistake I am far more concerned about Bopara down the order.

I am hoping that we drop Sreesanth and play Ashwin who was superb for CSK in the IPL.
Welcome to the forum mate, and I hope you are right and you do get a tough match tomorrow! :)

I agree with you on the Yardy front, I am hoping Bopara is selected, his batting could be far more important and don't envisage the Indian batsmen having too many issues with Yardy's darts.

Ashwin in for Sreesanth would be a good move for India also, but they may opt for Chawla as a bowler that turns it the opposite way to Harbhajan.