• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 11 - India v England

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Something tells me India will not get much in excess of 320. They are not exactly exploding here.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agree completely, but i would think that a 'world class' player like Anderson (atleast he's been called 'world class' by his fans) would be able to make th conversion, and find a way to use his skills to be successful in ODI's.
That's tosh. Yuvraj (as an example) might be a WC limited overs batsman, but he's crap in tests.

Dissector

International Debutant
A side needs to have a freak day to beat India in this tourney looks unbeatable soo far.
Don't try to jinx us.:ph34r:

Seriously, this game doesn't mean much. England isn't a very good ODI side and there isn't much pressure on India batting first.

Facing Australia in the semi or final and chasing a 270+ target against Lee, Johnson and Tait is going to be another story altogether. Slapping around BD and England doesn't tell us much about how India will perform in that situation.

Spark

Global Moderator
Ugh Yardy. Roundarm slow medium, that's what this is. That it works is even more infuriating.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Get an impression that ball is not coming on the bat easily. And Yardy has done well bowling flat, straight and fast.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Think it'd have been beneficial for India to lose a wicket but get 15 more runs, given what they have in the sheds.
they did lose a wicket. Ideally I wouldn't mind losing a few wickets if we get 45-50 runs in it. But if you weren't able to capitalize fully at least you didn't lose too many wickets. Recently teams have simply collapsed during the powerplays.. so could have been worse.

That's tosh. Yuvraj (as an example) might be a WC limited overs batsman, but he's crap in tests.
Are you high? I am not talking about Yuvraj- i admit he's crap in tests. I'm saying, people seem to be talkin about Anderson on here as if he is a true world class player- ie someone who can Not only win the Ashes, but succeed for them in WC matches. I was merely wondering that, if people are this opinion, why he isn't performing in ODI's

People aren't comparing Anderson and Yuvraj. Yuvraj is a crap one dimensional player. Anderson is supposedly an extremely skilled player, who they feel can be a huge advantage in this World Cup. So how come he isn't showing this multi dimensional nature?