Cricket Player Manager

View Poll Results: Who will win the match?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • India

21 80.77%
  • England

5 19.23%
Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Match 11 - India v England

Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator View Post
    Jeez, not another minnow
    lol

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Jeez, not another minnow

India comfortably IMO.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Wicket will be crucial. Bangalore generally has a bit of pace in the wicket. I am sure Broad and co would be looking to dish out a few short ones up around the throat at the Indian batsmen.

International Debutant salman85's Avatar
    I have a feeling Tendulkar will get a ton here.I don't see India losing this game,or losing any group game TBH.They'll qualify for the QFs with a 100% record IMO.

Do not collapse, India. Do not collapse and definitely pick two spinners. Do not collapse; pick two spinners and we can show the English how cricket is supposed to be played.
    The speed at which a fielding team gets through the innings is overrated.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Jeez, not another minnow
    Yeah but they are the hosts so you gotta let them play.

Be good to win this, get me used to the feeling ahead of the trouncing we're gonna give these ****s in the Tests this summer. Particularly hoping Broad owns, just for the Jono lols.
    Phillip Hughes 1988-2014

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Manee View Post
    Do not collapse, India. Do not collapse and definitely pick two spinners. Do not collapse; pick two spinners and we can show the English how cricket is supposed to be played.
    I remember you used to support England until India actually won a match away from home

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    I remember you used to support England until India actually won a match away from home
    At that point, I really had very little interest in watching cricket whatsoever. Supporting India gave me the level of interest that I had while supporting England in the late 1990s.

Cricket Web Staff Member Woodster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by morgieb View Post
    India comfortably tbh.

If they conceded ~300 against Netherlands, what will India do to their attack?
    You can rest assured England's fielding certainly will be much better than that opening game, and I expect the bowlers to work to their plans much better. Don't think you can say because they were poor against Holland, they'll perform similarly in the next game at all.

Quote Originally Posted by vicleggie View Post
    england's batsman have to fire bigtime and one probably has to get a huge score, and india's brilliant batting lineup will have to have one of their really bad days, for england to have a chance in this.

Not too sure about England's pace attack effectiveness in these conditions- bresnan is mediocre, broad bowled with no discipline other night, and anderson looked innocuous. India wont have a problem with swann. Like i said, something will have to go awry, and india will have to have a poor day (which is possible)
    Judging by your analysis on the English bowling attack, India will have to not turn up for England to have a chance of winning this, never mind have a poor day. Again it seems judgements are being made here on England's poor showing in the opening game, they will not necessarily carry that poor form over.
    http://batallday.blogspot.com/ - Cricket blog dedicated to domestic cricket.

Shud be a gud game...But India have slight advantage......60-40 IMO
    Love You India

Cricket Web Staff Member Woodster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin View Post
    Shud be a gud game...But India have slight advantage......60-40 IMO
    Absolutely, I agree that India do have an advantage, they're in home conditions, traditionally in conditions England do not have much success in, and of course India have an excellent team to suit these conditions. So many dangerous players for India, and as ever it may come down to how England play the likes of Harbhajan, possibly either Chawla or Ashwin, Yuvraj, and Yusuf. This is where I imagine we will miss Morgan in the middle order as he works the ball into the gaps so well and with unorthodoxy, so he becomes difficult to contain.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Whatever India's over-rated hacks put up, England should comfortabl chase down. Bangladesh took 289 off them without trying ffs.
    ​63*

If Yuvraj fails in this game, I wouldn't expect much from him in the tournament. Best chance for him to get back to form since he loves batting against England. India to win comfortably imo.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Whatever India's over-rated hacks put up, England should comfortabl chase down. Bangladesh took 289 off them without trying ffs.
    Doubt we will play 3 seamers this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodster View Post
    Absolutely, I agree that India do have an advantage, they're in home conditions, traditionally in conditions England do not have much success in, and of course India have an excellent team to suit these conditions. So many dangerous players for India, and as ever it may come down to how England play the likes of Harbhajan, possibly either Chawla or Ashwin, Yuvraj, and Yusuf. This is where I imagine we will miss Morgan in the middle order as he works the ball into the gaps so well and with unorthodoxy, so he becomes difficult to contain.
    Ya Morgan can play better than any other English batsmen....

Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread Information