• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 11 - India v England

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smash84

The Tiger King
TBF to England.............Tendy has made much better bowling attacks look pedestrian.........for some reason this reminds me of the 2003 WC game against Pakistan

shivfan

Banned
Leaving Yardy out against Holland but then picking him against India makes such little sense. India should have no problem playing him at all; they really are the worst team to pick the guy against. You could make the argument that India's batting is better than their bowling by such a margin that it warrants playing the extra bowler, but if there's one team that has a bigger gulf that India on that front it's Holland. Bopara actually played really well, too.
Yeah, dropping Bopara was stupid, IMHO....

And replacing him with a bowling allrounder is even more silly, on these pitches.

its' beyond me how both Yardy and Colly are playing ahead of Bopara.

Spark

Global Moderator
Bit unfair that, not too sure exactly what he can do, Tendulkar can make even the most practical changes look silly in this form.
Thought he was being taken out of the attack.

Anyway he gets a wicket. See? Getting smashed but still looked threatening.

Woodster

International Captain
Well some shots were induced :p. Hit out of the attack in one over.

However, you'd back him vs yuvraj a lot more than vs sachin, so it might work out a little in the end.
That's the false one I was talking about!! Gambhir gone, brave move bringing Swanny back into the attack, rewarded. Tbf that was a beauty rather than a loose stroke. Will bring a smile to Harbhajan's face!

Howe_zat

Audio File
Going to repeat what I said last week when Sehwag hammered the Bangladeshis - batting first on flat decks, this batting lineup looks unstoppable.

England haven't bowled badly, other than a few wides. Prior's missed stumping the only serious error I can think of.

Kind of resigned to it now. Just going to watch this innings, it's been stunning.

Edit: Great ball from Swann there. Rather feels like to little, too late.

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Very similar dismissal for GG here again. Tried to play a cute shot against Bangladesh too to a spinner and got bowled.

Woodster

International Captain
Going to repeat what I said last week when Sehwag hammered the Bangladeshis - batting first on flat decks, this batting lineup looks unstoppable.

England haven't bowled badly, other than a few wides. Prior's missed stumping the only serious error I can think of.

Kind of resigned to it now. Just going to watch this innings, it's been stunning.
Even the missed stumping is a little harsh, was given as runs off the inside edge.

Bun

Banned
Thought he was being taken out of the attack.

Anyway he gets a wicket. See? Getting smashed but still looked threatening.
Though it took a rubbish shot from Gambhir to get that wicket. Frankly the only time Swann looked threatening todday was when he had a stumping missed off Gambir.