Cricket Player Manager
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Crowds

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    @ Sanz - Yep, that sure did convince me.

As did the fact that Australia and Canada played in front of a handfull of people in a city boasting 6-7 million residents today.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Woman.
    I iron too tbh
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Sanz, I was hoping you'd notice Jono's post. There's no need to be aggressive at all. Keep it civil or don't post at all. And to Benchy, please don't antagonise the situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    2011 World Cup TV rating continues to soar high - The Times of India

" The first 24 non-India matches delivered an average TVR of 1.8. This is 12 per cent higher than the 2007 World Cup in the Caribbeans.

Pakistan-Sri Lanka encounter on February 26 was the highest rated non-India match with an average rating of 4.6, while Pakistan vs New Zealand tie on March 8 emerged as the second highest non-India match till now with a rating of 3.4.
    "
    To be fair, weren't most 2007 games on through the Indian night though, so you'd expect a lot less people watching (add in of course the early exit of 2 of the more favoured sides)
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    @ Sanz - Yep, that sure did convince me.

As did the fact that Australia and Canada played in front of a handfull of people in a city boasting 6-7 million residents today.
    Seriously, it's just not worth suffering through the Indian spectator experience to watch a neutral game.

I'm certainly a fan of cricket (not ODIs, but still) and while I would never go into any BCCI stadium anyway, even if I did, I sure as hell wouldn't do it for a neutral game.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Sanz, I was hoping you'd notice Jono's post. There's no need to be aggressive at all. Keep it civil or don't post at all. And to Benchy, please don't antagonise the situation.
    Andy, some people continue to post same drivel over and over again, despite given several reasons why Indian fans may not want to watch a neutral game from the stands. Stuff like "Always get the feeling that Indians don't like following sport, they just like following India" and continuous references to "1 Billion population " is just annoying.

I can provide many more valid reasons why Indian fans don't flock the stadium for neutral matches but I am sure I am not going to get anything more mature than the "Yep, that sure did convince me" type response.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Andy, some people continue to post same drivel over and over again, despite given several reasons why Indian fans may not want to watch a neutral game from the stands. Stuff like "Always get the feeling that Indians don't like following sport, they just like following India" and continuous references to "1 Billion population " is just annoying.

I can provide many more valid reasons why Indian fans don't flock the stadium for neutral matches but I am sure I am not going to get anything more mature than the "Yep, that sure did convince me" type response.
    At least your avatar is appropriate.

Banned
    Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    At least your avatar is appropriate.
    I don't even remember what it is and I don't care.

International Debutant Cruxdude's Avatar
    Do people really expect a crowd to watch Australia vs Canada? Today's game might be a better indicator.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?

It's a response which was measured to the maturity levels of the post it was relating too.

Mate, you're not the only one in the world who as been/lived in India. I have many Indian friends who I have discussed this issue with and for all intents and purposes they agree with me, because believe it or not, they're not too pig headed to see that it isnt a personal attack on them or their countriy. Sort your **** out.

If you think India deserves their cricket obsessed reputation, good for you. Don't act like a tool about it though. Your debating style is very poor and needlessly childish.

I have many Indian friends
    Wtf, you said I was the only one!

I find this thread so offensive. There is so much cultural and socio - economic context behind something like this, discussing which is not only distasteful but also out of scope of this forum. I don't understand why mods haven't closed this thread yet.

It's a response which was measured to the maturity levels of the post it was relating too.

Mate, you're not the only one in the world who as been/lived in India. I have many Indian friends who I have discussed this issue with and for all intents and purposes they agree with me, because believe it or not, they're not too pig headed to see that it isnt a personal attack on them or their countriy. Sort your **** out.

If you think India deserves their cricket obsessed reputation, good for you. Don't act like a tool about it though. Your debating style is very poor and needlessly childish.
    You are quick to pick faults in my debate style and quicker to paint 1 billion indian fans in the same brush based on your discussion with a handful of Indian friends. I have explained in many times in this thread and each time you have ignored it in a stubborn fashion and instead chosen to attack me. Not that it makes any difference to me.

About your friends, They may agree with you because that is perhaps their opinion as well but it still does not make your sweeping statement "Always get the feeling that Indians don't like following sport, they just like following India" anymore valid. I am sure there are many Indians who particularly like following Indian sportsmen and I am sure there are equal no. (if not more) who like to follow sports regardless of which country they are from.
    Last edited by Sanz; 16-03-2011 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Wtf, you said I was the only one!
    I assume you're in your own special category
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information