Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Crowds

from the view point of making a host nation of world cup show the world that they care about the world cup event as a whole is pretty poor.

The Rugby world cup in Australia gave minnow teams a home away from home like how Tazmania supported a minnow nation and really got behind them, going to their games and egging them on etc.

NZ rugby world cup will follow the same suit.

Its important that the people of a host nation support the "idea" of a world cup, most host nations and the stronger teams are going to automactically get reasonbly or OTT support, its the lesser a teams etc that need to be embraced and feel connected to the district, state or location they have been allocated, the small fish in big pond but they are playing a game you love nonetheless. .

Quote Originally Posted by Got_Spin View Post
    Indian fans only come to watch Indian players
    True. The rest suck. Major balls.
    This was a serious post:

Quote Originally Posted by Blocky View Post
    As for Sharma, sorry but he's the only Indian bowler outside of Khan who has consistently managed to take wickets away from home and trouble good batsman. Shami looks highly promising but India don't have better seam options than Sharma at the moment in test cricket. Quite simple.
    RIP Craigos. Owe you a beer.:(

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/2186298-post7381.html

Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    True. The rest suck. Major balls.
    The really clever thing about this post is the complete lack of wit and originality. It must take some strength of mind to make a post completely devoid of any worth. Well played, sir.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    So if the reason the crowds are small is because the games are midweek with people at work then why have a weekend with only a game a day?

Surely at weekends they should have 2 or 3 games a day and pack the crowds in?????

Quote Originally Posted by Debris View Post
    The really clever thing about this post is the complete lack of wit and originality. It must take some strength of mind to make a post completely devoid of any worth. Well played, sir.
    Yeah, you would know right? Making 700 odd such posts on your own. You sound like a clown. Shut up. Shut up and sit your ass down in a corner of a basement without access to internet, ****!

School Boy/Girl Captain sudhindra9's Avatar
    Well ninety percent of Indians would curse you if you performed India. Like most people say India is obsessed with cricket. But they dont appreciate good cricket they just wanna watch the Sachins, the Sehawags and the Dhonis bat.
    I would like to watch bowlers dominate batsmen like a dog would a tail-wagging contest against a rabbit. Which means I spend most of my days fuming and cursing the game. The Newlands Test between South Africa and Australia has vindicated my belief that batsmen are a bunch of weak-minded, inept fools only good for waving about sponsor logos.

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    The crowds for the Sri lanka and Pak game was great. Shame for them that their team lost

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Expect a jam packed crowd for tomorrow's India vs England match. Will be a lot of noise around the ground, the umpires will have to be on the top of their game.

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator View Post
    Expect a jam packed crowd for tomorrow's India vs England match. Will be a lot of noise around the ground, the umpires will have to be on the top of their game.
    Let's hope that the Indian fans are as behaved as the Lankan fans

Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    Yeah, you would know right? Making 700 odd such posts on your own. You sound like a clown. Shut up. Shut up and sit your ass down in a corner of a basement without access to internet, ****!
    Quality posting. I particularly like the bit about how the number of previous posts matter.

Cry me a river.

Quote Originally Posted by Got_Spin View Post
    I don't think it's unfair to suggest that the vast majority of the Indian cricketing public only care to watch their own players.
    I can bet that an Indian fan is more likely to know the averages of Kiwi players than any other fans. They follow all players, they may not follow them all to the stadium.

Nah Got Spin knows about all about the majority of Indian fans from his time on the internet and speaking to cab drivers in Sydney.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Got Spin in shocking generalisationgate

Besides, Taxis are too expensive
    Last edited by GotSpin; 01-03-2011 at 01:31 AM.
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

School Boy/Girl Cricketer StumpMic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    The crowds for the Sri lanka and Pak game was great. Shame for them that their team lost
    I thought it was a little thin. I saw a few empty seats here and there.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information