• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 10 - Sri Lanka v Pakistan

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner

Blaze 18

Banned
Tipping a Pakistan win here. Expect someone from their side to put in a brilliant individual performance. A Shoaib Akhtar special, perhaps ?

Lostman

State Captain
Curious to see if Herath will make the final XI, given that he has done well against Pakistan previously.

Also was 92 the last time there was a SL v Pak WC game? :unsure:

Lostman

State Captain
Tipping a Pakistan win here. Expect someone from their side to put in a brilliant individual performance. A Shoaib Akhtar special, perhaps ?
Depends if they bat first or chasing, cant see their batting line-up doing well under lights.

Blaze 18

Banned
Depends if they bat first or chasing, cant see their batting line-up doing well under lights.
Their batting line-up won't fire collectively. If Pakistan are to win chasing, someone like Razzaq or Afridi will have to go berserk.

cricpk

U19 12th Man
Pakistan VS Srilanka

In Srilanka: Pak 12 SRL 13
In World Cups : Pak 6 SRL 0
Overall : Pak 70 SRL 45

From overall statistics, it is going to be a close game.

cricpk

U19 12th Man
I don't see Srilankan batting line up making more than 230 against Pakistani bowling line up. What will decide the fate of the game is, If Pakistani batting can bat will discipline.

smash84

The Tiger King
Pakistan VS Srilanka

In Srilanka: Pak 12 SRL 13
In World Cups : Pak 6 SRL 0
Overall : Pak 70 SRL 45

From overall statistics, it is going to be a close game.
wow. Pak have a decent ODI record against SL in SL.

And quite surprising that the last time these two sides met in a WC match was in 92. Tipping SL to win this one.

salman85

International Debutant
Pakistan always had Srilanka's number.Minus the period from 1996 to around 1999 i guess,where they were smacking us left right and center.We've generally done well against them before and after that period.

Afridi does well against the Srilankans usually.So i won't be entirely surprised if he plays a blinder.Other than that,i think Misbah could hold the key as far as batting is concerned.He's a great player of spin.

Pakistan FTW.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Murali to bamboozle Pakistan in this one. Sanga vs. Akhtar/Gul/Riaz should also be a fascinating contest. As people have already pointed out, we haven't seen enough of this matchup in World Cups.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Pakistan usually plays murali well sure there are games where he nails us but overall its not too bad though I have a feeling that **** Kulasakera will once again be our nemesis reckon SL will come out on top though a Pakistan win should not be a surprise either.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agree, I'm finding it really hard to pick a winner. Pakistan will have to bat better at the top than they did against Kenya.

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
Expecting a cliff hanger here. Pakistan needs to bat first to win the match. Batting second in SL is extremely difficult, specially when you are chasing a stiff target.

salman85

International Debutant
The only survivors of that match from either side are Razzaq and Jayawardene.While the latter has become a great batsman since,the former's bowling isn't half as lethal as it used to be.