• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 10 - Sri Lanka v Pakistan

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I know that many people does not like Fernando, but his inclusion should be counted as a gamble. If he comes good will get best of batsmen. If you expect consistency from him, then there's a problem with your game plan.
Take a chance on me, says Fernando. For the most part, he performs like an erractic no-balling dancing queen, time to move on me thinks. Hasta Manana

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
don't rate Sa bowling attack very highly Steyn in odi's is not the god that he is in tests reckon there are atleast 5 odi fast bowlers better then him,spinners are unproven or average only Morne is genuine world class.
agreed

Think this could be the game that really gets the WC going, with India v England on Sunday, it could be a great World Cup weekend.

If Pakistan and Sri Lanka bring their 'A' games to Colombo, it really could go right to the wire, and we could be in for an absolute treat. Such good potential match-ups to watch out for too, Dilshan up against Shoaib, watching Sangakkara and Jayawardene manipulate the ball around cleverly and attractively against the spin of Afridi, Hafeez and Rehman, Umar Gul's death bowling against Mathews and co.

Then Malinga, should he be deemed fit, potentially bowling in powerplay overs against the powerful strokeplay of Umar Akmal, Afridi, Razzaq, etc. Can Misbah and Younis dig them out of a hole against Murali and Mendis should they lose a couple of early ones ?

It promises to be an exhilarating match-up if it lives up to its potential.
I hope so. Pakistan have a long history of messing up crucial games. I hope they play well today. The prospect of SL batting facing the Pakistan bowling is mouth watering. I get the feeling that Shoaib will get smashed around. Gul, if he can get reverse swing going, can e the most lethal death bowler in the world. Pakistan have plenty of spin options in Abdur Rehman, Hafeez, Afridi and pace options in Akhtar, Abdur Razzaq, and Gul/Riaz. The batting is somewhat suspect though especially the openers in the last match just played terribly.

I know that many people does not like Fernando, but his inclusion should be counted as a gamble. If he comes good will get best of batsmen. If you expect consistency from him, then there's a problem with your game plan.
I don't recall Fernando giving too much trouble to Pakistan in the past. If anything the bowler who I always thought had a lot of potential against Pakistan was Kalusekara. I remember a match where he was taking wickets almost at will and not letting the Pakistan batsmen score anything. They were clueless.

Sanga and Mahela expect a tight contest.

Sri Lanka v Pakistan, World Cup 2011: Sri Lanka wary of "dangerous" Pakistan | Cricket News | ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 | ESPN Cricinfo

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
don't rate Sa bowling attack very highly Steyn in odi's is not the god that he is in tests reckon there are atleast 5 odi fast bowlers better then him,spinners are unproven or average only Morne is genuine world class.
Still reckon, collectively that bowling attack is better than most of the other teams in the tournament. Tsotsobe bowled really well against Pakistan in Abu dhabi. Steyn may not have a great odi record. Still can rip through a batting line up any day. Morkel would be tough to get away because of the awkward bounce and bowls wicket to wicket. Spinners are just ok, Tahir is unproven yes, but still looks pretty good. Botha isn't a crap limited overs bowler at all.

salman85

International Debutant
I hope so. Pakistan have a long history of messing up crucial games. I hope they play well today. The prospect of SL batting facing the Pakistan bowling is mouth watering. I get the feeling that Shoaib will get smashed around. Gul, if he can get reverse swing going, can e the most lethal death bowler in the world. Pakistan have plenty of spin options in Abdur Rehman, Hafeez, Afridi and pace options in Akhtar, Abdur Razzaq, and Gul/Riaz. The batting is somewhat suspect though especially the openers in the last match just played terribly.
Actually,Pakistan have a history of doing great in crucial games ;)

Don't really know if this game counts as crucial though,since the thing on the line is group placing,not a QF place.That is virtually assured for both teams.I can't see either team losing too much sleep over a loss in this game TBH.Hopefully that translates into a good contest rather than one lacking motivation.

I hope we get a full house at the stadium today.

Last edited:

shivfan

Banned
Sri Lanka team
WU Tharanga, TM Dilshan, KC Sangakkara*†, DPMD Jayawardene, TT Samaraweera, LPC Silva, AD Mathews, NLTC Perera, KMDN Kulasekara, HMRKB Herath, M Muralitharan
Pakistan team
Mohammad Hafeez, Ahmed Shehzad, Kamran Akmal†, Younis Khan, Misbah-ul-Haq, Umar Akmal, Shahid Afridi*, Abdul Razzaq, Umar Gul, Abdur Rehman, Shoaib Akhtar

I didn't know Tony Greig could be so exciteable.....
:laugh:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Sanga now standing up to Kulasekara to stop the tyro taking liberties with him.

Would love to hear what Kumar's whispering in Shezad's ear; has a good line in the sledge.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Wow! 1st time ive seen this ground as it is now, thought I was watching a match at at Bangalore or something, looks superb! I remember this ground being really small with hardly any stands, or is it a brand new ground, not redevloped? Looks so good to see big stands in SL.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Kulasekara is one of those bowlers who always makes me think "Really?". Figures are so much better than they look like they should be. Doesn't look to have much about him at all.

smash84

The Tiger King
Decent start by Pakistan. The pitch looks very good for batting. Should make at least 300 here to defend the total.